Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 08:25 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times

Advertisements

So what's the best places to eat, visit, hang out at? We are here til Sunday night, so don't hold back y'all Give me everything you got. I should have made this thread a day ago while I was still home in Atlanta...anyway just got here at 2am. Where is all the foot traffic??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 10:41 AM

In NorthPark Mall shopping a bit, I was told this is the best mall to shop at in Mississippi. Are there any others in the metro with better selections than at NorthPark? Or is NorthPark the king for shopping? Also I'm noticing many of the roads are this orange, brownish color? What are they putting in the ashphault to make it look t ahat color, never really seen that before. Still looking for some post on places to visit and areas to check out.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:49 PM

Jackson? Any recommendations? You guys are very quiet....still looking for some interesting things to do and see. Any feedback is welcome......

Old 07-31-2015, 05:09 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
If the roads are orangey-brown, you really don't need to be on them. That means they're dirt roads. The last place somebody with your screen name needs to be on, is a dirt road in RANKIN COUNTY!!!!!

Honey, even the Westboro Baptist Church was afraid to picket a military funeral in Rankin County. Rumor was, those Rankin County Boys were planning to make the whole Westboro bus caravan disappear. (They've done worse things: http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/201...shut-down.html)

Anyway, Highland Village is really classy - even if they did whitewash the iconic Old Chicago brick the place is made of . Developers from New Jersey have just "freshened" the place. It's not an indoor mall, though. http://www.highlandvillagems.com/

But for meandering (in the horrible Mississippi heat), there's Renaissance in Ridgeland. Renaissance:::Home

Actually, Northpark is the best air-conditioned venue, although Metrocenter, in Southwest Jackson, might prove interesting. Supposedly, it's being brought back to life. Take at least two big, tough men with you, though, if you go at night. http://www.shopmetrocentermall.com/Home_Page.html

Now, if "Looking for Action" means what I think it means, then the following pertains. Otherwise, get a copy of Metro Christian Living, for a guide to wholesome venues.

If you want to hook up, most locals use Internet venues, until they can find swing groups they like. There are bodybuilder swing groups, trailer park swing groups, young married swing groups, Yacht Club swing groups... Get on 'Special Adult Friends', or whatever the swing website is named (actually, there may be several), if you want group action. Otherwise, for one-on-one, the usual social networking sites will do.

The big dance clubs are mostly inside Jackson. Surely, somebody will speak up on which ones will be best. If your profile were not private, we might be able to tailor recommendations. What music styles do you prefer?

Get a copy of the Jackson Free Press. It will pretty much tell you what's current in Jackson, these days.

And here's a little Jackson music, for while you're reading: (be sure not to miss a certain something, at 0:15 . I think that's why Gucci's Girlfriend and his Wife were having a fistfight http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/201...at-fights.html over his coffin. ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFyznZx6f0

If you don't like Jackson BMW music, here's some Jackson Lexus music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1TqJEGuR4

Here's my favorite Battlefield Pierre song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZidakZd6jQ

Oh, and my little birds tell me to tell you that, if you want to go to a strip club, 'Triple x' is the best male stripper (this, they base on having worked out in the same gym with "all the big strippers". I doubt they've seen the actual shows.). I actually have worked out in the same gym with him, too. Sweet guy. Astonishing body. I found a YouTube video with him included (supposedly, out of New Orleans, but he's local. I don't know what clubs, though, or the private rates). I don't dare link to THAT: but what you think you see in the video, where the two guys are walking into the room wearing little more than cowboy hats, is not an illusion: Per my little birds who've seen him in the locker room: "Epic. Unbelievable. Unsurpassable. Elephantine."

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 07-31-2015 at 06:23 PM..

Old 07-31-2015, 05:09 PM

9 posts, read 8,943 times
Fondren.!!!

Old 08-01-2015, 03:29 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,410,807 times
Most of the the major shopping areas are outside of the city. Pearl has an outlet mall, with a Bass Pro Shops, Sam's and the Trustmark Park baseball stadium. North of Pearl is Dogwood Festival Market, an open-air lifestyle center with a Belk department stores and other typical mall stores. Dogwood gave birth to surrounding shopping centers: Market Street Flowood (JCPenney, Dick's Sporting Goods), Lakeland Commons (Ross, Hobby Lobby, Kohl's) and Dogwood Promenade (Kroger, Target, Best Buy, Petsmart).

Northpark is the dominant retail area for the north Jackson/Madison County area. However, they do have backyard competition with the Renaissance at Colony Park, just up I-55 from County Line Rd.

As far as restaurants, it depends on what you like, but there are many good local restaurants in the metro.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:04 AM

Thanks everyone...peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson