Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM

19 posts, read 115,383 times

Advertisements

My family is planning a move to Mississippi in a few months. My husband will
be working in Vicksburg. We have thought that maybe living in Clinton would be good since we would be closer to a larger city (shopping, airport, etc.)
Our children are teenagers. Any information on either Vicksburg or Clinton
or other surrounding areas would be great. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 01:18 PM

356 posts, read 1,345,524 times
I think you would probably like Clinton. They have good schools and their recreational sports programs are great too if your kids are into sports.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:48 PM

Thanks so much! Do you have any suggestions on good neighborhoods? Also is the Natchez Trace safe? I was looking at one house on realtor.com where the backyard backs up to the Natchez Trace in either Woodmoor or Countrywood subdivision...I can't remember which. Thank you!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:08 PM

469 posts, read 2,736,342 times
Vicksburg is sleepy. REALLY sleepy. Nice quiet place, not much to do. I go there often to visit a friend. If you and your family are homely types who just like to hang out at a coffee shop, get involved with a knitting circle, and go to church, Vicksburg will be right up your alley. Keep in mind there's not even a movie theater there. The mall has like five stores.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 AM

356 posts, read 1,345,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideehomom View Post
Thanks so much! Do you have any suggestions on good neighborhoods? Also is the Natchez Trace safe? I was looking at one house on realtor.com where the backyard backs up to the Natchez Trace in either Woodmoor or Countrywood subdivision...I can't remember which. Thank you!
Both of those used to be good neighborhoods and I assume they still are. Check out College Hills also. There aren't usually a lot of houses available there, but it's a beautiful area. Find the name of one of the Jackson realtors and click on MLS listings in Clinton. You should find lots of houses on there.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:08 PM

5 posts, read 25,837 times
Quote:
My husband will be working in Vicksburg.
I work in Vicksburg and know a lot of people who commute from Clinton or Madison, a very nice area outside Jackson. I have contemplated Clinton myself, especially living closer to a Starbucks.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 PM

Thanks for all the information! Does Clinton have leash laws? We have 2
dogs and I am assuming they will need to be in a fence. And, what about
churches?

Old 02-22-2008, 07:07 PM

So how far away is Madison from Vicksburg?

Old 02-23-2008, 09:57 PM

382 posts, read 1,069,101 times
Default Welcome to City Data

Quote:
Thanks for all the information! Does Clinton have leash laws? We have 2
dogs and I am assuming they will need to be in a fence. And, what about
churches?
Yes, we have leash laws in Clinton. Really it is for everyone's protection, which includes the pet(s). Should you purchase a home in Clinton without a fence, I strongly recommend having one put in.

As for churches, we have many fine churches in the area. Which denomination are interested in?

Quote:
So how far away is Madison from Vicksburg?
Madison is approximately 60 miles from Vicksburg. You will encounter heavy traffic, during rush hours, between Jackson and Madison so be prepared to add an extra 30 minutes or so to the commute, not withstanding any highway construction that may be taking place.

Here are a couple of links you may find useful.

The Official Site of Clinton, Mississippi

Clinton, Mississippi (MS) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Hope this will help somewhat.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:30 AM

35 posts, read 166,339 times
You would be better off in Clinton. You'll be much closer to the new developments in Madison area to such as the new mall. Pemberton Mall is shot and degraded. This town still doesn't have a movie theatre. Most of everyone in Vicksburg has migrating to Clinton,Madison becouse of economics. Vicksburg is know as the "TOWN THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING." That's the fact. This port doesn't have a Starbucks either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson