Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 PM

69 posts, read 183,217 times

Advertisements

Do any of you "coupon"? If so, which stores are the best for Couponing? I was going to shop at WD when we moved there, but they make you buy 2 items for B1G1, it doesn't look like they double coups in FL or that they take competitor's coups...

Anyone have any experience with this? It's looking like Publix is going to be my best bet
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 02:37 PM

250 posts, read 706,280 times
publix overall is my favorite grocery store. however, i don't necessarily grocery shop for deals. i shop for quality, and to satisfy my picky nature without going over the top with spending. in other words i probably can't afford to do my entire grocery shopping at fresh market everyday. but i don't have to do walmart everyday either. publix is just about right for price and quality. you don't need a coupon or card usually, but they also except competitors coupons. also, they still have a customer friendly policy where they give you the item free if it's priced wrong at the register.
winn dixie can be cost effective if you use your winn dixie card. alot of time you will get deals even when you don't know they exist with the card. also, you can save on gas if you use it. their coupons generally aren't so great of a deal as the publix (at least the one across the street from it near me) usually price matches them or has very similar pricing without a coupon necessary.
but just based on my pickiness, i tend to do publix. their deli and bakery has me pretty hooked as far as groceries go.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:39 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,504,304 times
I've never had to buy both items for the buy one get one free unless it is fresh meat.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,480,862 times
Publix allows you to use buy 2 coupons on BOGOs. Will also honor all competitors' coupons. Some Publix stores will allow you to use expired Publix coupons (like the store on Marsh Landing Parkway) - others won't (like the store in Sawgrass Village). Robyn

Old 08-23-2010, 04:49 PM

5,130 posts, read 6,127,528 times
Publix

Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM

69 posts, read 183,217 times
I DETEST the set-up in Publix... for some reason, I just always feel lost there... I think if I do more pre-planning, and get my list together in order of the aisles etc, I can deal... I use Southern Savers to do my couponing, so I'm fairly certain that Publix has the best coupon policy:

Coupon Policy:
1. You do not have to buy 2 of the B1G1 items to get the sale price *
2. If you do buy 2 items that are B1G1 make sure you use 2 coupons to get the best deal
3. Publix accepts competitors coupons (you can stack with a manufacturers coupon)
4. You can use a store coupon and a manufacturer’s coupon on the same item
5. Most Publix locations double manufacturer coupons that are 50¢ or less *
*#1 & #5 Do not apply to Florida stores*

AACK- I didn't notices that #1 & 5 don't apply in FL... that certainly changes the ball game... lol Here in SC I shop at Bi-Lo because I like it AND the gas rewards, so that's a bonus in my book for WD... thanks for that heads up

Old 08-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Publix doesn't double coupons - but you can use 2 coupons on a BOGO (at least at the Publix where I shop most of the time). Note that many Publix stores will not allow you to use coupons printed off the internet (too many counterfeits). Robyn

Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 PM

Publix operates differently in Florida than in other states. Exceptions to Publix policies and programs are noted below. This information has been assembled by HCW members and is an accurate representation of Publix corporate policy to the best of our knowledge.

General:

Q: Is a store card needed?
A: No, the sales prices ring up automatically. However, Publix does offer a UPromise card (more information on UPromise below).

Q: How do I get the ad?
A: You can generally find the ad in a local newspaper or in the carousel in the lobby at the store. You can view a copy online at the Publix site by entering your zip code.

Q: What is an Advantage Buy?
A: In addition to their weekly ad, Publix also publishes fliers of Advantage Buy items. These fliers are generally four-page, green or yellow glossy fliers which contains sale items, manufacturer's coupons, and Publix coupons. These sales last four weeks and overlap.

Q: Does Publix issue rainchecks for out of stock sale items?
A: Yes. Publix issues non-expiring rainchecks for advertised sale items.

Q: What if a product scans incorrectly at checkout?
A: The Publix checkout promise states that if during checkout, the scanned price of an item (excluding alcohol and tobacco products) is more than the shelf price or advertised price, the customer is entitled to one of that item free. Additional items are charged at the adjusted price. This also applies to clearance items.

Q: What is the Publix guarantee?
A: If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, the full purchase price will be refunded at your request.

Q: What is the Publix Penny Item/Mystery Item?
A: Publix offers a different mystery item for a penny Sunday and Monday of each week in certain states: Alabama, most of Georgia and Tennessee, and South Carolina, but not in Florida. Some examples of previous penny items are oatmeal, bleach, crackers, milk, hot dogs, 2-liter soda, juice, cereal, chips, paper towels, and toilet paper. Sometimes Publix brand, sometimes name brand.

To claim the item, you need to come in on Sunday or Monday with the penny item coupon from the Sunday paper and to spend a minimum of $10 on your shopping order (excluding alcohol, money orders, postage stamps, gift cards, and prescriptions). The $10 figure is calculated before your other coupons. The item rings up at regular price then the coupon subtracts all but a penny of the price. The coupon usually states "Limit one deal per coupon per customer".

The coupon is not always in the same location in the newspaper. Sometimes it is in a regular Publix ad insert, but sometimes it is on a full-page Publix ad somewhere within the paper. The actual items are generally either in a bin near the front of the store or a sign is posted on the door/registers. The item for a given week is usually the same in all areas so members post the penny item in this thread. If a store runs out of the particular item, they will make a substitution.

Coupons:

Q: Does Publix double coupons?
A: Only in select areas. Most/all of Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee, but not in Florida. Doubling only applies to manufacturer's coupons, not store or competitor coupons. They double coupons valued at $0.50 and below. Publix does not limit the number of like coupons that you can double, although the individual store can place limits as they deem necessary. Publix will not double manufacturer coupons that state, "do not double."

Q: Does Publix take printable coupons?
A: Yes.

Q: Does Publix issue store coupons?
A: Publix issues a large number of store coupons. Every two weeks a new Advantage Buy flier is published. These fliers contain store coupons, manufacturer's coupons, and advertisements for month-long sales. Publix also publishes other coupon booklets throughout the year. You may use one Publix coupon and one manufacturer's coupon per item, unless either coupon explicitly prohibits it.

Q: Does Publix take competitor coupons?
A: Yes they do. Check with your store's customer service desk to find out their policy, ask who they consider to be competitors. Some store will only take coupons from other grocery stores while others (fewer) will also accept drug store coupons. Competitor's coupons are treated like store coupons. They will not double and can be used in conjunction with a manufacturer's coupon, but not in conjunction with a store coupon.

Q: Does Publix take expired manufacturer's coupons?
A: No.

Q: May I use two coupons for a BOGO sale?
A: Yes, if you buy two items during a buy one, get one free sale, you may use the same combination of store and manufacturer coupons that you could use when buying the two items when not on sale. In other words, you're still buying two products even though one is "free".

Q: May I use a BOGO coupon on a BOGO sale?
A: YMMV, this varies by store. Some stores will ring up items for half price during a BOGO sale; others will ring up the items as full price for the first item and $0 for the second item. If the items are normally $4 and your store rings each item as $2, your BOGO coupon will get you two items for $2. If your store rings the first item at full price and the second at $0, your BOGO coupon will get you two free items.

Q: Are there limits on the number of coupons I can use?
A: Publix does not have a specific policy limiting coupons. The register is programmed to require a manager's approval when the coupons total over $50. The register is also programmed to accept no more coupons (store and manafucturer together) than items. If you are using a store and a manufacturer coupon for every item in your cart, you will need manager intervention. As with any store, individual store managers may refuse to accept any coupons they deem suspicious.

Q: I forgot to use one of my coupons. Can I get an adjustment?
A: There is no official policy on this, but if you ask at the Customer Service desk, they are likely to make the adjustment.

Clubs, Programs, and Magazines:

Publix Apron's Simple Meals Recipes: Recipes and other information are available on-line.

Publix Baby Club: The Baby Club sends you special coupons and promotions from the time you're expecting until the child is two years old. Not all of the coupons are for baby items (e.g. $1 any produce item, $1 any deli item). You can sign-up on-line.

Publix Family Style: Publix Family Style is a free magazine of recipes and articles. You can subscribe on-line or via a postcard found in the store lobby/CS desk. Issues of this magazine can often be found in the store lobby.

Publix GreenWise Market: Publix GreenWise Market is a free magazine of recipes and articles geared toward natural and organic living. Often there are a few manufacturer's coupons in the magazine. You can subscribe on-line or via a postcard found in the store lobby/CS desk. Issues of this magazine can often be found in the store lobby or in the health foods aisle.

Public Partners: This program is available in Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee. You can obtain a shopping card from the school of your choice. For every $75,000 spent by Publix shoppers scanning a particular school's card, the school will receive $500 from Publix.

Publix Preschool Pals: This program is for children two to four years old. It includes a newsletter, access to a special website, prizes, etc. You can sign up on-line. The newsletter can often be found in the store lobby.

Publix UPromise: Information about saving for college using the UPromise program can be found on their website. You can sign up for a Publix UPromise card in the store. Just scan your card when you shop to receive credit to your UPromise account.

Publix Wine Guide: Read all about wine on-line. You can subscribe to the free Publix Grape magazine on-line or via a postcard found in the store lobby/CS desk. Issues of this magazine can often be found in the store lobby or in the wine aisle.

Be sure to check the store lobby and just inside the second set of doors for individual coupons or coupon booklets. The carousel with the weekly sales flyer will often contain the Advantage Buy four-week sales flyers, coupons left over from in-store promotions, and other coupon booklets. There may also be a cardboard display holding other coupon books put out by Publix.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 PM

Very impressive statement of corporate policy! Robyn

Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM

Thanks, but the credit goes to the internet and my wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville