Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 02:51 PM

265 posts, read 993,901 times

Advertisements

I will be sending my significant other to the farmers market to check things out. Hopefully he will return with a nice watermelon and an approval for myself going down there. We'll see.

So far in our experience here in North Saint John's county (I say that because this area is not, I repeat not Jacksonville) we have met many nice folks. We have found a good health club nearby and have gotten the lay of the land. Most everything we need is no more than half an hour drive away. A little more than we would have liked but do-able for a year.

PIZZA- We had our first Renna's pizza today. Straight cheese for the purist. We have never had New York style pizza before. We decided to dine in so it was fresh. I think we are hooked. We do all we can to avoid chain restaurants and this is a great find. It was very good, I would be hard pressed to find a better pie. Thank you all that recc'd Renna's. Riveree I will try the one in the St. Johns center maybe it is closer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 03:11 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawstudent View Post
PIZZA- We had our first Renna's pizza today. Straight cheese for the purist. We have never had New York style pizza before. We decided to dine in so it was fresh. I think we are hooked. We do all we can to avoid chain restaurants and this is a great find. It was very good, I would be hard pressed to find a better pie. Thank you all that recc'd Renna's. Riveree I will try the one in the St. Johns center maybe it is closer.
It's nice that you enjoyed renna's but on a scale of 1-10 for NY pizza, rennas would be a 2 or 3, one day you'll need to get to NY for the real deal
(actually NJ has better places for pizza than NY but that's a whole 'nother battle)

Old 06-27-2007, 03:34 PM

265 posts, read 993,901 times
It just goes to show that we havent had many great pizzas if that is the case because Renna's at a 2 blows out all of the chain restaurants we have ever had. I bet it is better in the Northeast. We hope to visit NY some day soon. I know the locals there hate the tourists but what the heck.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:41 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Rennas really isn't a chain, the guy who started it owns 3 of the 5 in town
the one at baymeadows is owned by a really nice woman, and the new one at riverplace I was told was franchiased by 2 guys from NY.
I am glad you enjoyed the pizza we wil all have to meet up at the towne center one day

Kort I agree it is not NJ pizza but as close as I have found "when in rome ...."
karla

Old 06-27-2007, 08:02 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
(actually NJ has better places for pizza than NY but that's a whole 'nother battle)
I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that........!

Old 02-10-2008, 03:48 PM

549 posts, read 2,204,886 times
Jersey and or Philly does have the best pizza...hands down. The best I've had in Jersey is Brothers Pizza it's either Cinnaminson or Riverside...

Old 02-10-2008, 04:29 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzone View Post
anyone who's looking for good cheese steaks please stop by my restaurant my rolls are amoroso's and the steaks are what i conserd the best in town and the pizza is dam good too! so come check it out and give me your honest opionion just ask for big al thanx oh and just in case anybody is wondering i am from New jersey and have been making pies for 22 years
I'd love a good steak, where's your place?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:13 PM

859 posts, read 3,616,779 times
watermelon still in season?still cheap? didn't eat enough during last season...

Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
nah
the cheesesteak guy bumped a thread from last june

Old 01-20-2009, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,459 times
Rennas Pizza in Rivercity shopping center, is by far the most outrageously priced salty oily and small pizza I have ever had. It is NOTHING like a NY pizza other than the think crust. These guys have the guts to use CANNED MUSHROOMS. Not even Pizza Hut does that. We had an overly priced saled (prices were not on the menu) that had yet even more canned mushrooms. I have eaten pizza's from NY to Chicago, Italy (Rome) and Naples (THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!). I love my pizza and im not overly impressed with myself, but I will stick with Papa Johns after this. The most insulting thing to me was you pay ahead of time, and there is the little tip section on the credit card. So I threw them a dollar because I figured since I had to stand up an order it they would probably bring it to the table.......nope. You have to order, get your own drinks, silverwear, napkins, you have to go and GET your pizza when they call your number and clear your own table of the FAKE plastic silverwear and trays. I wish I could take that tip back but oh well. I will never again return to that pizza place. They charged me Two bucks to add pepperonis. I urge anyone interested in going to this pizza place to check out their prices online, and be forewarned not to tip them. (They dont do anything to deserve a tip, at least no more than your local schmo working at McDonalds). By the way, the best chesse is Buffalo Mozzerella (Mozzerlla de buffala), they have it in Naples and it was the best pizza ive ever had. The crust tastes delicious, I hear it has somthing to do with the water but who knows? If you guys ever go to Italy hit a Napolitana up for some pizza!! You wont regret it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville