Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Camp Tracey in Jacksonville, Florida known for physical, mental & sexual abuse to kids be
Yes 23 65.71%
No 4 11.43%
Not No Hell No 3 8.57%
I need to research the information to answer this question 5 14.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 06:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

This is such a heartbreaking thread to read through.

These are the horrors of what used to be called "Reform schools" in the early and mid 1900's.

It's shocking that this facility was closed so recently - in the last 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 06:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
This is interesting. It's a plea to heal those who went to Camp Tracey, and report any abuses:

Program Staff Information

Old 10-08-2019, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 7,928 times
To Kmarc... It seems that they brushed everything under the carpet and all have moved on and are rich off of child labor...it hurts still...i live here in jacksonville still... The church has sold the old camp and not only bought land off of arlington expressway but also bought a new building to have their services and renamed to river city baptist... New preacher ...everything brushed under the rug... I am personally contacting attorneys about my specific situation with my adopted parents because at 32 yrs old the nightmares and ptsd arnt going away... No meds are helping no counsiling is helping...daily nightmares ... I just want to be able to sleep at night and obtain some justice ... Some peace at night... My adopted father john wilson went on to become a preacher in a church in Massachusetts and at a prison ministry go figure right...

Old 02-16-2020, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,123 times
Hey, I don't know if you remember me but I was a church kid for a while. Jason McClure. My mother is Adria. I am curious about what happened to everyone.
I don't want to bring up any bad memories it's just that most people on this forum are from the 80s. Mom and I went to harvest from 2001 to about 2008.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 797 times
I was sent to this place by my parents in 1985. The flyer etc for this hell wasn't anything like I was expecting.

First damn day I said, wat a typical 16 yr old dude that partied would say to some of the dudes ”man, I'd like to have a cigarette”. Well someone went and told 'pos brother Chuck....and I was smacked around and tossed in the hog pin....with the moma and her babies.

I'm lucky she didn't mess with me.

They shaved my head and at that time came up with we had to run EVERYWHERE we went.

The adult over our house was a postal worker and he wasn't a bad dude.

Chuck, the preacher and his sicko brother....well, they were fkn bad.

Chuck walked in oneday, shut the door behind him and started beating my ass. I said something about him to someone...and low n behold, someone went and told.

We lived in a house that was down the road, not the one where we ate and the girls stayed at. And that child perv Cedric and the house he stayed at.

Creepy little fk he was.

We used to ride a small bus and go to a church in Jax...then stay at people's houses. They paired u up with a girl everytime.

I don't remember names of anyone else except those 3...but I remember the BS abuse....and being told on parents day that if we said anything, they would hurt our parents and nobody would find out.

Well, after 4-5 months of camp Tracy's bs....I told my folks and they asked the postal worker over our house wtf was going on......and the only reason they believed me is because he just dropped his head and walked away.

So in the the car we got...... and I swear I was laying in the backseat raising up once in awhile to see if we were being followed.

I went to some court hearing in 1987 and told my story along with a few other dudes......so it really fkn surprises me to see that hell hole remained open for years afterwards.

I was no saint, but smoking pot, chasing chicks and rockin n rollin....wasn't anywhere near deserving of that place.

Folks didn't know.....so I haven't blamed them since.......that was all on the staff.

Did I think about catching ol chuck out and putting him to sleep permanently and shoving 'preachers' head up his ****** brother Cedrics ass? Of course......but fk em.

I was lucky to have only stayed for 4-5 months.....but those were the longest 4-5 months of my life.

I wish all u dudes and any chicks that were there, a good and happy life. Idk wat this site is or how i found it...but saw the name and BAM.....

Old 04-27-2021, 08:46 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
There is no statute of limitations on sexual abuse if you are under 16 years old in Florida. This horrible human is on facebook. You should jointly file civil and criminal suits against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville