Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 AM

22 posts, read 77,764 times

Advertisements

I live here in LA and I plan on moving to J,ville here in Los Angeles I'm not going to lie it's tension here between blacks and latins is that a problem in J,ville? Because I'm a black man who has had to go through some of those evil looks you know I don't understand the deal why it's so much tension here but it's pretty bad here I know when I went to J,ville I seen it was a lot of ricans there and they was real cool with me very friendly in LA it's more Mexicans and they seem to don't like us that much it seems at least from those looks and the times I tried to speak like when I say hello they just roll their eyes and give me a look like don't talk to me.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,111,194 times
I think attitude goes a long way in getting along with anyone. JAX has a varied mix of different cultures. I have been here 15 years and have never noticed the one culture not liking the other culture.
It is more likely that you will see friendly tension between Gator and 'nole fans
especialy during football season.
If someone asks "what are you?" they don't care if you are black white or green they want to know "orange & blue -gator" or "crimson and gold-nole"

good luck with the move
karla

Old 12-12-2006, 08:46 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,578 times
I dont know from any personal experience but I have read about numerous home invasions of hispanic illegal alien rental homes by black ganstas in Jacksonville. There was one a while back in a trailer park on the Southside where three hispanics were murdered by the black criminals.

Illegal aliens who dont have bank accounts often keep cash in their residence and are afraid of going to the police for any reason. The black thugs know this and target them often as easy targets. This has happened a lot in Georgia too according to the local papers, so I dont think this will help black/hispanic race relations.

Unfortunately, good hard working, law abiding blacks are the innocents who get the backlash from the criminal behavior of these ganstas with the cold stares and fearfull reactions of others who wrongly equate them with the ganstas. It is this fear of black crime, a lot of it well founded, that is the major impediment to good race relations in this country.

Just my two cents worth.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:02 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,157,323 times
Jville does not come close to LA. Is the same situation in place? Yes. To what degree? Way less.. JVille is th largest city in Florida with a well diversified community.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:21 AM

495 posts, read 2,328,578 times
I am sure that the black/hispanic tension is probably much worse in LA because there are so many more hispanics there and I hear they are moving into the black neighborhoods and fighting in the schools, jails and between the gang bangers.

Most all of the hispanics in Jax are recient arrivals and there are not that many here compared to LA and I have not read of any hispanic gang bangers here like they have in LA so Jax is probably better for this kind of tension.

However, I am just an outside observer so your best bet is to talk to some black citizens in Jax to see what they say.

Good luck on your move here.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:12 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,418 times
Unlike Los Angeles, Jacksonville has NO gangs, we aren't on that gang stuff down here. As long as you don't step to the wrong hispanic, you won't get left in the St. Johns River. Blacks & Latinos get along down here for the most part.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:36 AM

22 posts, read 77,764 times
Thanks for the info I Think I'm going to like j,ville better than LA. I did visit last summer and fell in love with it.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:18 PM

121 posts, read 785,933 times
Yes but the Russian mafia has moved in and is buying land bigtime. Remember the FBI raid this past summer on the organized russian offices in Southpoint and at the beach? Thay take people with good ole southern hospitality as a bunch of dupes. We need to get Borat over here.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:43 PM

13 posts, read 56,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Unlike Los Angeles, Jacksonville has NO gangs, we aren't on that gang stuff down here. As long as you don't step to the wrong hispanic, you won't get left in the St. Johns River. Blacks & Latinos get along down here for the most part.
we do have gangs

2-1
Ebony Kings
Gang Of 14
Jacksonville City Boys
******s From Lackawanna
Night Hawks
Peckerwoods
Shower Posse
Westside Mafia

Old 06-28-2007, 10:29 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,418 times
Those are homegrown gangs based on what neighborhood/side of town you represent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville