Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to Florida: Jacksonville, apartments rental, condo, traffic.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:49 AM

5 posts, read 10,464 times

Advertisements

Hi forum,

I am relocating for work to Brunswick, GA but I am looking to find an apartment on the North or Northeastern side of JAX if there are any nice places. From what I hear some of the north has some bad areas. I am trying to keep the drive to an hour but still live in the city area so there is something for me to do.
I am 24, single, working as an engineer, and looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment for hopefully less than $800. I was also wondering how bad the traffic is on 95 and 295 if I am heading out of Jax on the way to work because I don't want to end up driving 90 minutes to and from work. Also what is the speed limit on 95?
Any suggestions or comments feel free. I will be coming to the area next week for a few days to look around before I accept the offer and move down there so I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks,
CJ

Last edited by CJcomingtoFL; 07-21-2007 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 02:34 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJcomingtoFL View Post
Hi forum,

I am relocating for work to Brunswick, GA but I am looking to find an apartment on the North or Northeastern side of JAX if there are any nice places. From what I hear some of the north has some bad areas. I am trying to keep the drive to an hour but still live in the city area so there is something for me to do.
I am 24, single, working as an engineer, and looking for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment for hopefully less than $800. I was also wondering how bad the traffic is on 95 and 295 if I am heading out of Jax on the way to work because I don't want to end up driving 90 minutes to and from work. Also what is the speed limit on 95?
Any suggestions or comments feel free. I will be coming to the area next week for a few days to look around before I accept the offer and move down there so I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks,
CJ
The speed limit on I-95 is 70mph. I believe there have been one or two new complexes built on the Northside in the last couple of years. You should be able to find something for 800 or less. Look in the area near Dunns Ave and I-95 as there are a couple of complexes in that area. Plus that area is probably one of the best areas on the Northside as it contains a couple of middle class subdivisions with professional,middle to upper-middle class, married couples with families that care about there neighborhoods. In a perfect world you would be able to live east of the river or west of the river but south of I-10 b/c there are more newer apt complexes in the those areas and those areas are closer to a wider variety of shopping and dining options as well as nightlife. Try searching apartments.com to give yourself a starting point before you come down. Just like with any city, if you're heading out of the city during rush hour you'll be going against traffic so heading north on 95 you'll being going against the traffic. It'll take you a good 45 minutes to an hour to get the Brunswick from the Northside.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:40 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Water's Edge Apartments in Jacksonville, FL

Christopher Woods Apartments in Jacksonville, FL

Madison Woods in Jacksonville, FL

Brookwood Forest in Jacksonville, FL-Out of all the links, I'm sure you'll like this one.

The following apartments are in very close proximity to I-95, I-10 & I-295. The first link allows for easy access on & off I-95.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:40 AM

Thanks for the advice. I had a few of those already bookmarked and would appreciate it if you could give me some feedback on some other apartments I bookmarked.

Gregory Cove in Arlington on Edenfield Road got high reviews and looked nice from the pictures even though it will be a longer drive.

Charter Landing in same area also got decent reviews

Paddock Club on Merrill Road

Also Oaks at Mill Creek on Monument Rd looked very nice but it was the aparmtents website

Island Pointe on Broward looked pretty nice but got some bad reviews so i'm not sure on that one

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks again for the advice already.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:52 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
The first 4 apartments are rather pricey, you'll pay between $900-$1200 a month for rent, not worth it imo unless you have bankrolls.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:01 PM

I am finally in Jax to look around at apartments and see if I like the area. I looked around the Dunn Ave. area and didn't really think that was what I was looking for. The Monument Rd area off 9A is basically what I was looking for. I went to Paddock Club and Oaks at Mill Creek but wasn't really impressed. I went to a newer place Villas at Dames Point and was impressed but since it is newer it is a little pricey at over $950 a month for a 1bedroom. Brookwood Forest was very impressive, decent priced, and in a great location. The only thing I hated was they have 9 different pools. But if all goes well I will probably be living in Brookwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville