Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,283,675 times

Advertisements

Chicago-style club to open at Jacksonville Landing by Florida-Georgia

The nightclub Rush Street is going to open in The Jacksonville Landing. It'll be the third location for the partner of Chicago Pizza, and the fourth new tenant at the Landing in recent months.

It's moving into the 7,500-square-foot space on the courtyard last occupied by Twisted Martini.

Rush Street is owned by the same group that owns Chicago Pizza. In Jacksonville Beach and Fleming Island, they're attached. A Chicago Pizza opened in the Landing in 2009, but it's not next door.

Chicago-style club to open at Jacksonville Landing by Florida-Georgia | jacksonville.com

&

Fionn MacCool's to open in Jacksonville Landing

The Jacksonville Landing is getting an Irish bar. Fionn MacCool's Irish Restaurant and Pub in Jacksonville Beach has signed a lease to open a second location in the Landing.

It's going in on the ground floor last occupied by Copper Cellar Grille & Tavern and Southern Brewery and Smokehouse before that.

Work has already begun and Paul Glaser, general manager, said opening is expected for the first half of October.

"We walked in there and fell in love with the space," he said. "It just looks so neat, and it's something we can do.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198071_10150219213197598_77072297597_9056105_36018 23_n.jpg (broken link)

Fionn MacCool's to open in Jacksonville Landing | jacksonville.com

&

The Phoenix Taphouse

We will start with 20 on tap, over 150 craft, import, and fancy bottles, a decent wine selection, hard to find sodas and snacks, and also some beer and wine cocktails we have been experimenting with at Burro Bar lately like Micheladas, Mimosas, Sangrias, ect. We will have an ever expanding snack and pre-prepared food menu but no official kitchen. I dont think I am ever interested in running kitchens again, did that in my teenage years and early 20s There will be a huge focus on live and local music, a weekly Hip Hop night hosted by Paten Locke (DJ Therapy), a weekly reggae night, and all the punk, jazz, indie rock, bluegrass, and heavy metal shows this town can handle! Anyone that knows are work knows are booking and crowd is very eclectic and diverse. We will be open 7 days a week happy hour til 2am, just like Shantytown, Lomax Lodge, and Burro Bar.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/76132_162624153779962_107871599255218_294434_79388 96_n.jpg (broken link)

Ian Ranne--- Shanty Town, Burro Bar, Lomax, Signs lease for old Imperial Space

Can't wait.......add 'em to the list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 09:15 AM

2 posts, read 2,962 times
Chicago style club? Is what exactly?
Fionn Macools I like, so this will be more driv friendly, than going to the beach.
Phoenix Tap room sounds cool, but intuition Ale is so close to home! (6 blocks, that I can walk legally impaired)

Old 10-04-2011, 09:32 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,172,710 times
Rush Street and Fionn Macool's along with Chicago Pizza? Next the Landing is gonna add the Ritz and Lynch's. Im glad the Landing is getting new tenants but I hope it doesn't just turn into the beach crowd (I'm sure it wont)

Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,573,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
Chicago-style club to open at Jacksonville Landing by Florida-Georgia

The nightclub Rush Street is going to open in The Jacksonville Landing. It'll be the third location for the partner of Chicago Pizza, and the fourth new tenant at the Landing in recent months.

It's moving into the 7,500-square-foot space on the courtyard last occupied by Twisted Martini.

Rush Street is owned by the same group that owns Chicago Pizza. In Jacksonville Beach and Fleming Island, they're attached. A Chicago Pizza opened in the Landing in 2009, but it's not next door.

Chicago-style club to open at Jacksonville Landing by Florida-Georgia | jacksonville.com

&

Fionn MacCool's to open in Jacksonville Landing

The Jacksonville Landing is getting an Irish bar. Fionn MacCool's Irish Restaurant and Pub in Jacksonville Beach has signed a lease to open a second location in the Landing.

It's going in on the ground floor last occupied by Copper Cellar Grille & Tavern and Southern Brewery and Smokehouse before that.

Work has already begun and Paul Glaser, general manager, said opening is expected for the first half of October.

"We walked in there and fell in love with the space," he said. "It just looks so neat, and it's something we can do.

Fionn MacCool's to open in Jacksonville Landing | jacksonville.com

&

The Phoenix Taphouse

We will start with 20 on tap, over 150 craft, import, and fancy bottles, a decent wine selection, hard to find sodas and snacks, and also some beer and wine cocktails we have been experimenting with at Burro Bar lately like Micheladas, Mimosas, Sangrias, ect. We will have an ever expanding snack and pre-prepared food menu but no official kitchen. I dont think I am ever interested in running kitchens again, did that in my teenage years and early 20s There will be a huge focus on live and local music, a weekly Hip Hop night hosted by Paten Locke (DJ Therapy), a weekly reggae night, and all the punk, jazz, indie rock, bluegrass, and heavy metal shows this town can handle! Anyone that knows are work knows are booking and crowd is very eclectic and diverse. We will be open 7 days a week happy hour til 2am, just like Shantytown, Lomax Lodge, and Burro Bar.

Ian Ranne--- Shanty Town, Burro Bar, Lomax, Signs lease for old Imperial Space

Can't wait.......add 'em to the list!
Ian Ranne is on the grind....I love that dude!!! He deserves that Imperial address...in my eyes he should OWN that building.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:50 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,573,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Rush Street and Fionn Macool's along with Chicago Pizza? Next the Landing is gonna add the Ritz and Lynch's. Im glad the Landing is getting new tenants but I hope it doesn't just turn into the beach crowd (I'm sure it wont)
A crowd is a crowd?? What is the the Beach crowd exactly??

Old 10-04-2011, 12:32 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,510,776 times
as long as their money is green, who cares where the crowd comes from? Downtown needs it. No clue what a "chicago style" club is. Will the Untouchables show up and close it down at midnight or something?

Old 10-04-2011, 01:02 PM

163 posts, read 450,182 times
Phoenix Taphouse looks sweet, but the other 2 are just 2 more bar/restaurants like all the rest.

Yay for Ian. I really hope he gets thee imperial, nostalgia would be in full effect.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:46 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,172,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
A crowd is a crowd?? What is the the Beach crowd exactly??
I'm not sure what I meant exactly. I was kinda referring to the beach crowd as a type...which in my opinion is a young, trendy, and wild type of party scene. Laid-back beach personalities mixed with college-aged high energy kids. This is in contrast to the more straight-laced young professionals in downtown and the town center or the hipster/indie/artsy element in downtown, springfield and the rest of the urban core.

But I was also kinda referring to the beach crowd as a specific set as well...most people in jax beach will tell you that there's enough nightlife there for things to be exciting, but in the end if you go out regularly you will soon see all the same people all the time. And I was just hoping not to see all those same people all the time downtown too.

That said, of course I welcome more people, money, and vibrancy to the core! I wouldn't want them not to come. I just prefer diversity and a mix of people so I wouldn't want the crowd who frequents Fionn McCool's and Rush Street at Jax Beach to just transplant to the Landing. And I'm sure they won't, so my fear is unfounded.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:46 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,885,496 times
I'm not sure what Chicago-style club means either. However, I know what Chicago-style pizza is and, honestly, I hate it. Bummer.

I do love FMs though! We go there often for dinner. Great food.

It's good to see some establishments opening down there. We need more of this!

Old 10-05-2011, 07:42 AM

131 posts, read 621,935 times
Gadget, have you ever had Chicago pizza in Chicago? I have never had any good CS pizza outside of Chicago myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville