Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 01:30 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
For what it's worth, we're expecting snow this weekend. And I'm in Virginia, a southern state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 04:18 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
You enjoy thaty. I'll be enjoying this weather in shorts

Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
It has brutally hot in South Florida this summer----even now in late October the humidity and heat still produce buckets of sweat every day.

I am ready for some cooler weather---bring it on. For those Floridians who fear getting hypothermia in cooler weather, just put on a warm sweater or jacket and you will survive. Be brave and show courage and face those 55 degree temperatures.Your reward for being brave is that it will probably be 82 degrees again shortly and with the humidity you will be sweating again.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:55 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I am ready for some cooler weather---bring it on. For those Floridians who fear getting hypothermia in cooler weather, just put on a warm sweater or jacket and you will survive. Be brave and show courage and face those 55 degree temperatures.Your reward for being brave is that it will probably be 82 degrees again shortly and with the humidity you will be sweating again.
LMAO!!! I couldn't have put it better...

Old 10-29-2011, 07:28 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
We DIDN'T move here to be "brave"! We don't necessarily like high heat and humidity, but we KNEW when we moved here that that was part of living here. We like the 70 thru 80 degree weather and when that comes with humidity......well, all that can be said is, "welcome to Florida!"

There are numerous people that live in "snowbelt states" that grumble at the beginning of each winter when the temps dip way down and the white stuff starts flying. We are sure there are some folks who moved to Denver, CO metro that are ready right now to go back to So Calif due to the snowstorm that hit there last week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
It has brutally hot in South Florida this summer----even now in late October the humidity and heat still produce buckets of sweat every day.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:43 PM

530 posts, read 1,460,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
LMAO!!! I couldn't have put it better...

For those transplant complaining about Florida weather, I 95 N is open 24/7.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM

You're NOT talking to us are you????
We aren't going anywhere, but do have the right to complain like anyone else on this forum! We can handle the cooler weather, but definitely want the warmer weather back and be able to sweat our a**'s off (not really)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
For those transplant complaining about Florida weather, I 95 N is open 24/7.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Cold weather is good weather! Turn that yuck into a YAY!

Old 10-29-2011, 05:15 PM

5,210 posts, read 6,142,795 times
This has to be some of the nicest weather we have had during the fall in years.

We purposely moved here for the change in the weather during, fall, winter and spring. This is definitely the place to be if you want to experience some sort of seasonal changes.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Well, it's obvious that most of the posters in this thread are much younger than we are (in our early 60's) and perhaps have never had the surgeries that I have.........that can be affected by cooler weather. Wife and I both woke up this AM with shoulder achiness as well my hip was achy as well. The temp outside was 45 degrees. She looked at me and said, "I hate it when the weather changes to much cooler temps" and I have to agree with her! It's not nearly as bad as when we lived in Colorado and North Carolina, but pain/achiness is still there. I'm probably the only "Senior" on here, so I have nobody to defend how I feel.........oh well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville