Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 AM

163 posts, read 449,970 times

Advertisements

Lower crime rate than Oakleaf? Good luck with that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,843 times
What specifically do you dislike about Oakleaf?

Generally I think people seem to be really happy with JCP and the neighborhoods off 210...good schools, safe, family oriented. We live in Nocatee and love it here, but I guess its not for everyone.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:33 PM

3 posts, read 3,900 times
Since we have lived in Oakleaf our vehicles have been broken into twice. Two of our neighbors homes were robbed. In broad daylight and they both had alarms. And theirs weren't the only ones. It's ongoing here. The people that used to live across from us were constatly yelling at each other and fighting and accusing one another of stealing the others drugs. Thankfully they moved out once we called the sheriff one night because she started screaming that he was trying to kill her. There is a ridiculous amount of crime over here that people just refuse to talk about. I tried posting information up on Oakleaf's Facebook page about our vehicles being broken into and within mins the post was taken down.

There is also a joke going around that some of the OP sheriff call Oakleaf Oak-crief. Now not being from here I had no idea what that was in reference to until I finally asked. Turns out it has something to do with an area called Moncrief. I take it thats not a very good area hence the joke?

Ok...sorry for rambling. Anyways anyone have any opinons on Ponte Vedra area also?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixTheEverKnowing View Post
Since we have lived in Oakleaf our vehicles have been broken into twice. Two of our neighbors homes were robbed. In broad daylight and they both had alarms. And theirs weren't the only ones. It's ongoing here. The people that used to live across from us were constatly yelling at each other and fighting and accusing one another of stealing the others drugs. Thankfully they moved out once we called the sheriff one night because she started screaming that he was trying to kill her. There is a ridiculous amount of crime over here that people just refuse to talk about. I tried posting information up on Oakleaf's Facebook page about our vehicles being broken into and within mins the post was taken down.

Ok...sorry for rambling. Anyways anyone have any opinons on Ponte Vedra area also?
Yikes...sounds pretty bad over there!

We live in Ponte Vedra (Nocatee) and maybe I'm naive, but I feel very safe here. I feethink it's "off the beaten path" enough that people are coming into the neighborhoods to commit crimes. And I don't think my neighbors are the types to commit them either.

Schools are excellent and we really like the sense of community we feel here. I've lived in the south all my life, and this is the first place I've lived where I really know my neighbors and I feel like they care to know me.

It's definitely worth taking a drive over this way...might be just what you're looking for

Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixTheEverKnowing View Post

There is also a joke going around that some of the OP sheriff call Oakleaf Oak-crief. Now not being from here I had no idea what that was in reference to until I finally asked. Turns out it has something to do with an area called Moncrief. I take it thats not a very good area hence the joke?

I drive thru Oakleaf on my way home everyday. Lots of empty lots and I think that Nocatee may have some of the same issues. JCP is more established, that would probably be better.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:18 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
Perhaps you missed it the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
San Marco and Riverside & Avondale historic district are great neighborhoods, near downtown, and have good elementary schools and decent middle schools.

MySanMarco.com | San Marco - Historic Jacksonville Community
Riverside Avondale Preservation

Enjoy.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
Very little left to build in JCP and it is all in the gated part north of Race Track.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:16 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
I live in the Julington Creek area and have for many years. We would never live anywhere else but St Johns co. unless we moved out of state) My kids have gone to all the schools. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I also work downtown on Bay st so I make that commute daily.

I love this area. We had a house built in Julington Creek Plantation in 2002, then sold it and bought in Aberdeen which is right behind JCP.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Ive lived in JCP since 1992.
We also live in Julington Creek. We rented first to make sure this was the right area for us. And we absolutely love it! Great community. Great amenities. Excellent schools from elementary through high school. We are close to shopping, restaurants, and parks. My kids live at the pool/water park during the summer. I swim in the heated pool all year round. And my husband plays golf and uses the gym several times a week. Our daughter plays tennis. Our son plays soccer. And I take advantage of all the group fitness classes....right now, I'm all about Power Yoga!

Also, my other daughter rows crew and there is a brand new crew team (Evans Rowing Club) right up the road. We were worried we wouldn't find that when we moved here.

We had narrowed our search down to St. Johns simply because of the schools. But now that we've been here a while, I wouldn't live anywhere else. We love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville