Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM

8 posts, read 13,698 times

Advertisements

What would be an average cost/fair price for pet/house sitting... it would involve watching animals (dog and cat) for a week? Would you pay less or more if they stay at the house?
Anyone have any good recommendations for a pet/house sitter?

THX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM

725 posts, read 2,571,745 times
What side of town?

Old 01-23-2013, 04:32 PM

3 posts, read 5,980 times
I would contact your local pet groomer. They know who are good,reputable pet sitters. Often times, they do pet sitting themselves.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:23 PM

448 posts, read 829,643 times
When I go out of town for more than just overnight, I hire a neighbors daughter to stay with my dog and cat and watch my house. She spends the night and does everything that needs to be done as far as feeding them and walking the dog twice daily. She is 17 and a senior in high school, so during the day she attends school (if it's in session) comes home and takes care of the animals and does her homework. I pay her $350 a week or $50 a day if it's less than a full week. I found her by putting a small ad (3X5 card) on the bulletin board at our community center, and have been very happy with the overall experience. I live in a gated community so I am less concerned about the security of the house than I am about the pets being well cared for.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,280,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zan3310 View Post
Anyone have any good recommendations for a pet/house sitter?

THX

The Pet Nanny is very good. They only take a limited number of clients, but are affordable.

thepetnanny-1

904-207-8099 or 904-370-0426

Rates: thepetnanny-1

The Pet Nanny is a full service, professional pet sitting service based in Jacksonville. We come to your home to take care of your pets, eliminating the stress on you and your beloved pet while you are away from home.

You have the convenience of not having to take everything your pet owns to a kennel or to worry about an acquaintance checking in on your pet. Your pet remains happy in ...his or her home where they feel most comfortable and secure. As a homeowner you also have the added peace of mind that you won’t be leaving your home empty while you’re away!

Not only do we take care of your pet, but we also bring in the mail, take out the trash, water the house plants and take care of any other small household needs you may have while you’re away.

Last edited by fsu813; 01-23-2013 at 07:03 PM..

Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,763,231 times
Asking the local groomers is a good idea. Also ask the local veterinarians. Many times some of the vet techs also do in-home pet sitting.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:01 AM

8 posts, read 13,698 times
Thanks for the advice everyone! I appreciate it. Ryde41- out toward the beaches.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
I think it is wonderful to have someone come to your house. I have had a friend come to our home and watch our dogs. It was a good experience.
I have also used a Pet Nanny while living in Pennsylvania and she took care of some outside cats while we wintered in SC.
I am now going to use a lady who watches a few pets in her home. She lets the little pups sleep with her so they get the comfort of being home. I meet her on Friday and I can't wait. She has great references and is totally booked for the summer. I need her during some winter times and have set them up already.
Best of luck to you.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:32 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
I was a pet sitter in the downtown area before I moved... but I know someone VERY reliable and experienced who I think is your service area?

From her site: Intracoastal West communities from J. T. Butler/St. Johns Bluff, Atlantic Boulevard/Kirnan/Hodges/San Pablo and Beach Boulevard to Southside Boulevard. Beach communities include Atlantic, Neptune, Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra Beach to Sawgrass.. Overnight service only is available for pets who live in Kensington (U.S. 1 South), Palencia and World Golf Village.

She's been doing it since 1999. If she can't take you she can refer you to someone. Jakki Roberts Alpha Pet Solutions Jacksonville Pet Sitting Sitter Dog Walker Walking Overnight House Ponte Vedra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville