Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 PM

79 posts, read 113,398 times

Advertisements

Hello, Everyone!
I am new here and kind of lost, so bare with me!
We just received orders (ARMY) to Orange Park, FL. Is it nice? Do you like it? What are the best places to live in? We have a 2 and a 3 yr. old. Are elementary school's good? Do we have any hospitals near? Just any info. you have, let me know, please Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 PM

anyone?

Old 01-31-2012, 05:51 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
Hello, Everyone!

Hi!

Ok.

We just received orders (ARMY) to Orange Park, FL. Is it nice?

Depends on what you like. If suburban living is your thing, yes. Most of it is decent enough.

Do you like it?

Personally, no. I don't enjoy living in sprawling suburbs.

What are the best places to live in?

In Orange Park? Probably anything around Doctors Lake. I've heard Oakleaf Plantation is liked by some, not by others. Same with Fleming Island.

We have a 2 and a 3 yr. old. Are elementary school's good?

Yup. Elemetary schools are fine.

Do we have any hospitals near?

Orange Park Medical Center Orange Park Medical Center | Orange Park, Florida - Orange Park Medical Center

Just any info. you have, let me know, please Thanks!!!

Town of Orange Park

Orange Park is an older suburb of Jacksonville, in Clay County. It's suburbish in some parts, a little more small townish and rural in other parts. Like everywhere, it has it's rough pockets but most of it is ok. Traffic in & out of Jacksonville is hell. Pretty conservative area.

Here's some of the newer suburbish places in OP:
Suburban Jacksonville: Argyle | Metro Jacksonville
Suburban Jacksonville: Oakleaf | Metro Jacksonville
Suburban Jacksonville: Fleming Island | Metro Jacksonville

You're welcome.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the info. * on my way to check it out *

Old 01-31-2012, 07:50 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,813 times
fsu813, you are an asset to this board. Thank you for all of your information you provide to people.

I especially appreciate your support of the Springfield neighborhood. Because of your posts, I (and two of my friends) attended the holiday home tour in December in Springfield. We finished the tour off with a glass of wine at Three Layers. It was a wonderful evening, thanks to you (since I didn't know about the holiday home tour before your post here).
Thank you, sir.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:04 PM

104 posts, read 341,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mina21 View Post
Hello, Everyone!
We just received orders (ARMY) to Orange Park, FL. Is it nice? Do you like it? What are the best places to live in? We have a 2 and a 3 yr. old. Are elementary school's good? Do we have any hospitals near? Just any info. you have, let me know, please Thanks!!!
All I can say about Orange Park is that there is horrible, horrible traffic. I like suburbs and you couldn't pay me to live in Orange Park but at least if you work in the area it may be a lot more tolerable.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Rent first then look to buy is always a good path to follow!

Orange Park Florida is the largest bedroom community of Jacksonville. But the town itself is very small and not at all like the sprawling suburbs
like the rest of northern Clay county has turned into. Just a short drive south of Orange Park on US-17 is Fleming Island which has
several nice communities (Pace Island, Eagle Harbor, Fleming Island ect...) Try to avoid Blanding Blvd SR-21 as thats
a nightmare at rush hour. Outside of Orange Park in general are tonnes of suburban communities and outside of that is a lot of rural area's.

Good luck and happy home hunting!

Old 02-01-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmfphaedrus View Post
All I can say about Orange Park is that there is horrible, horrible traffic. I like suburbs and you couldn't pay me to live in Orange Park but at least if you work in the area it may be a lot more tolerable.
Thanks, My husband will be working in all of Jacksonville, and i am SAHM, so we could live wherever we want to, i just don't know much about the areas, his office though will more than likely be in orange park- not that he's going to spend much time in the office.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Rent first then look to buy is always a good path to follow!

Orange Park Florida is the largest bedroom community of Jacksonville. But the town itself is very small and not at all like the sprawling suburbs
like the rest of northern Clay county has turned into. Just a short drive south of Orange Park on US-17 is Fleming Island which has
several nice communities (Pace Island, Eagle Harbor, Fleming Island ect...) Try to avoid Blanding Blvd SR-21 as thats
a nightmare at rush hour. Outside of Orange Park in general are tonnes of suburban communities and outside of that is a lot of rural area's.

Good luck and happy home hunting!
Thank you!! I've seen very pretty homes in Fleming Island! Def. not looking to buy now, we have a home to rent where we live now, and will most def. will not be buying again in the near future .

Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
If you can live anywhere, consider the Riverside/Avondale area of Jacksonville, (centrally located) it is only 10-15 miles from anywhere in Orange Park, 3-4 miles from downtown Jacksonville, 10 miles to JIA on the north side and just 11 miles to Jax Beach. With tonnes of rental properties available. Plus it is very affordable and Riverside elementary is (so I have heard) excellent. (I am way past the elementary school kid raising age...heck I'm now past the college kid raising age) Avondale (where I live) is a nicer area and a little more expensive (but not prohibitively so) but does not have as many rentals as Riverside. Ortega is nicer than Avondale, but way more expensive also and with even fewer rentals available. Fairfax is a small nice area also with a few rentals available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville