Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM

85 posts, read 176,640 times

Advertisements

Looking at building. Met with ICI Homes in JCP and David Weekley Homes in Nocatee. Very confused. JCP is great with tons of amenities and plenty of kids (we have 3). We loved the home in Nocatee and it is actually less money. It isn't built out and there isn't much shopping or things nearby.

Thoughts? Advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,843 times
They're both really nice, and I'm sure you'd be happy in either one! (Big help, I know ) That said, Nocatee is a little "remote" - you can get to just about anything in 10-20 minutes, but other than the Publix, there's nothing really close by. Hopefully that will change as more people move in. DW is starting some small row homes near the Town Center, so I'm hoping that will bring in more businesses.

I'm not familiar with the amentity centers in JCP, but Nocatee's are great. There are always community activities going on and the waterpark is pretty amazing! It's also nice being so close to the beach.

JCP is definitely more established - schools are closer, as is shopping, etc - eventually Nocatee will be like that, but for now if you didn't want to wait, JCP would be a good option.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:31 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
I don't know how old your children are, but you won't want to be driving them constantly to be with friends. JCP definitely would be my choice between the 2 neighborhoods if I had 3 children. Also, driving distances for basic shopping gets old. Convenience is important to me.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:01 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
I'm in JCP, but you may want to beware of ICI. They've had issues in the past. Hopefully, they are better

Old 03-29-2012, 08:05 PM

36 posts, read 121,091 times
How old are your kids? I would say 5 yrs or older--stick with JCP. 5 and under, go to Nocatee. I've done a ton of research on these communities, and I've found that the demographics are trending that way (which means your kids friends would be close by). Or, have you considered Durbin Crossing? That's where we are currently building and to us it's the best of both worlds. We currently live in JCP (in the ICI community). We found that Durbin Crossing had by far the best prices, bigger lots, but it doesn't seem isolated. Just a thought, good luck!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:06 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,353 times
I totally agree with hlauburn. We faced the exact same decision two years ago. We narrowed our choices down to Nocatee or Julington Creek based on schools. We have five kids. Two in college, a senior in high school, a sophomore in high school, and a third grader. We wanted our kids in Ponte Vedra, Nease, Bartram, or Creekside high schools. We have one that graduated from Creekside last year. Two at Creekside now. And one at Julington Creek Elementary.

We decided to rent first to really get a feel for the area. We loved the house we were renting and ended up purchasing it a few weeks ago. But I have no doubt at all that we would have loved Nocatee as well.

It's hard to list the pros and cons of each...Both have really nice amenities. Nocatee is closer to the beach. But Julington Creek is closer to most other stuff. I think the thing that finally swayed us towards Julington Creek was that my youngest could ride his bike to school. I like knowing the elementary school is only a mile from our house. I also like that it is an established community.

Good Luck! They are both really nice communities. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:32 PM

530 posts, read 1,351,422 times
Julington Creek is very close to things.... such as San Jose Rd (SR 13) the most congested road in Jacksonville, and the strip mall hell that runs for miles down that same road and Race Track Rd. Really though, for me it is no where near the beach, has very poor hwy access, and I agree with fsquid, stay away from ICI. David Weekly has one of the best reps around , and if you are on the west side of Nocatee, the hwy access is pretty good as well. I like the east side of Nocatee , but we are further away from US 1...but closer to the beach .

Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
Julington Creek is very close to things.... such as San Jose Rd (SR 13) the most congested road in Jacksonville .
Awww Geeezz, I thought Blanding Blvd at I-295 was the most congested Rd in Jacksonville!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
I'm in JCP, but you may want to beware of ICI. They've had issues in the past. Hopefully, they are better
What should we beware of? Build quality? Timeline?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:58 AM

Kids are 14, 13, and 6. We went to Creekside already and found them very nice. We currently live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids and my 6 year old have friends directly across from our house.

Last edited by mbpiedra; 03-30-2012 at 05:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville