Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:51 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times

Advertisements

This morning I went to pick up a paper at a local gas station and as usual, was met with a welcoming smile and greeting. We all know of the grumpy folks that we sometimes meet at drive-throughs and convenience stores, but there are several places where I consistently get friendly service.

Citgo car wash next to Kan-ki on San Jose in Mandarin. This is where I usually pick up my paper in the early morning. Either Misty or Will are on duty and I always walk in to a smile and friendly "good morning".

Dunkin Donut just south of San Marco on San Jose- always upbeat and friendly. After going through the drive-through many times for my morning bagel, I took the time to go in last week when the owner was there and told him what a great staff he had.

Do-It Yourself equipment rental on San Jose at Mandarin Road. I've never spent a dime there, but have gone in asking for names of folks to do certain projects in my neighborhood and they always take time to look up names and numbers of customers that they have who can do the job.

Ditto with the banner/sign store on Beach at Dean. Frankie went out of her way to get me names and phone numbers, even though I bought nothing.

And Hong Kong Bistro- they act as though they are there to serve you- as though you are their customer- LOL- something that too many businesses have forgotten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 07:53 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,989,061 times
This is a refreshing post HIF - thanks! Too often all we ever hear are complaints (although not here at C-D Jax!), so it's nice to hear the positives as a reminder that service with a smile does continue to exist and isn't just a figment of our 1950s memories.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
this morning my spinning instructor at my gym gave me a copy of this one CD she uses that I have complimented her on.
what a nice surprise

I always go out of my way to recognize friendly customer service
so many people complain when things go wrong it is important to say something when things go well
I am a firm believer in doing this

Old 10-24-2007, 01:48 PM

237 posts, read 1,081,467 times
I really loved your post, HIF.

Even though it's out of my way (and $0.50 more expensive), I go to the coffee shop that's across the bridge every day because they're nicer to me there. They even remember my name and EXACTLY how I like my coffee!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
What's the name of that coffee shop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville