Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:51 PM

604 posts, read 4,622,888 times

Advertisements

Bale002, persons living in the 32559 area (julington creek, cunningham) are considered "jacksonville" by the post office even though they are in st johns county, but recently we're allowed to use "st johns" on their mail.

I live right behind were the lions gate is suposed to go, but I can't see either it nor esplanade opening w/in two years b/c there are still cows on the property. Has anyone heard updates on construction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 03:09 PM

227 posts, read 971,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
Jacksonville will become the 2nd largest port on the east coast once Mitsui lines opens for business.
Hanjin also just signed a deal larger than the Mitsui deal that will make us the largest port on the East Coast.

I also believe that it was already unofficially anounced several months ago that the new anchor will be Macy's. If that goes well (which it will) and the new shops do well, Nordstrom will follow.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 AM

131 posts, read 621,935 times
Default Lions Gate

Tamcim, they have already begun the site clearing for Lions Gate. I think it will be a good looking project, but not the highend that some of these other stores we are talking about. From the site plan I would guess stores "Like a" Target, Best Buy (big box retailers) will be going in there. I have NO actual info on these, just simply going by a guess from the site plan. Now the Eplanade is a different story... That will be at least 3 yrs bc of court ruling over a type of bond that was going to be used for infastructure improvements ie widening IGP and making the I95 ramps better/able to hold the increased traffic. The area around WGV is BOOMING!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:10 PM

472 posts, read 1,545,047 times
Default New Store

Build-out has began on Hugo Boss. It will occupy the space between Mayors and Louis Vuitton (sources say).

Old 10-30-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Hugo Boss Confirmed In Person!

Its a good thing that I live so close. I ran out there to verify.

Hugo Boss, Cole Haan, Lacoste, True Religion, Soma Intimates, The Walking Company, Pottery Barn, Mori Luggage & Gifts, and Crate&Barrel have not opened yet. Even with those stores coming soon, there are still a few empty storefronts between Juicy Couture & Louis Vuitton.

**On a side note, has anyone else noticed that the entire lot across from Costco is almost void of trees... in a four day period? I am super excited for whatever is about to be built.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:03 PM

859 posts, read 3,619,481 times
there should be a hotel or condo built next to costco. Also heard from costco there likely be a gas station, but sadly not Costco's Gas (yet atleast). Am curious how long these high end stores will last with the current slow down in economy and housing market. But those stores will attract mostly window shoppers...

Old 10-31-2007, 12:09 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,471,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
there should be a hotel or condo built next to costco. Also heard from costco there likely be a gas station, but sadly not Costco's Gas (yet atleast). Am curious how long these high end stores will last with the current slow down in economy and housing market. But those stores will attract mostly window shoppers...
Phase I has done suprisingly well, and so far, there is strong interest/sales reported for Phase II, so I expect they'll be okay.

Supposedly, the middle class/upper middle class is more interested in luxury good than ever in America and snapping up Loius Vuitton purses and the like with regularity !

Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,726,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
If you watch CNBC or Fox Business News you will always hear market analyst say that the consumers that aren't affected by the economic slowdown are the high income consumers, those making 75k and up. So those stores will do very well in the Jax market b/c the percentage of 75k and up income earners in the area is very very high according to market research and the pyschodemographics suggest that people in the Jax market will buy these highend goods. And when consumer confidence trends back up, the income earners in the 50k and up range will start buying high end goods again, which will help the town center even more.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
If you watch CNBC or Fox Business News you will always hear market analyst say that the consumers that aren't affected by the economic slowdown are the high income consumers, those making 75k and up. So those stores will do very well in the Jax market b/c the percentage of 75k and up income earners in the area is very very high according to market research and the pyschodemographics suggest that people in the Jax market will buy these highend goods. And when consumer confidence trends back up, the income earners in the 50k and up range will start buying high end goods again, which will help the town center even more.
Stated perfectly. The success has to do with market insulation of the wealthy.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:51 AM

131 posts, read 621,935 times
Gradco, I *believe* someone over on metro said the cleared lot next to CostCo would be a higherend grocier. I was surprised w/ the Publix there already. Freshmarket is about to open over in PonteVedra so I doubt its that, and of course there is no way a Whole Foods would open a 2nd location in Jax alread. Or could they...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville