Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 06:14 PM

4 posts, read 8,861 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone

I want to tell everyone if you are planning to purchase a house in Jacksonville,FL; please be aware Richmond American homes are Fraud from sales and home gallery team. Every item in house is a upgrade even walk tile in bathrooms they are fraud people. If you are taking loan with them then there is a big fraud on closing cost since you will get perks which will be taken towards home origination fee around 6000 dollars. I strongly advice everyone, please don't buy house with them especially in Jacksonville or St. John county

Richmond builders are Fraud based on my experience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 06:10 AM

232 posts, read 574,249 times
Pretty sure most models go all out to make the place look as nice as possible. You might want to recheck the definition of fraud.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:39 AM

410 posts, read 602,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conestoga123 View Post
home origination fee around 6000 dollars.
If that's what they want to charge for home origination, then that is their choice. Its up to you as the consumer to shop around and find a lender with more favorable terms. I have no pity for you unless a representative from Richmond was standing there forcing you at gunpoint to sign the loan documents.

Take some personal responsibilty. Sheesh.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,569 times
I was an asst superintendent for richmond american homes 2002 till 2006 until i got hurt on the job and i built a lot of beautiful homes And i never once twisted anyone's arm to buy a house so it sounds to me like you bit off more than you could chew!! I wish they would hire me back because l sure do miss working for them

Old 09-27-2014, 08:49 AM

37 posts, read 171,493 times
I bought a Richmond home in Durban and had a great experience. Different neighborhoods have different standards because of price points. I barley upgraded anything and love my house. A model home will have every upgrade its far from fraud. Its fine if you dont like them or think some one else offers a better deal but i think proper expectations should be set.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,415 times
I am building with Richmond homes and we did our research. GREAT houses. There is nothing hidden at all like I said we did our research. We are in the Jacksonville area and are very pleased with the home. The building super is outstanding with communication and going over every option we got which was not many, we did opt for the central Vac system which was a great price and cabinet color and granite counter top color upgrades and added a 5th bedroom and still got an AMAZING price.. Original post must have walked into the model and said I want this house just like it is and didnt realize that the model is designed to make you want the house. you should not put a company on blast because you could not afford to give yourself a glass of wine on a beer budget. OUTSTANDING HOME BUYING PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The workmanship is great. The fraud here is you posting something like this because you did NOT do any research in how the pricing of houses go and the gallery home center. You can easily make a 225,000 house MSRP cost 300,000 in upgrades. HELLO STOP DOING UPGRADES AND CALLING THEM FRAUD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville