Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,161 times

Advertisements

I think it depends on what you're looking for. We looked at both neighborhoods for years before finally deciding on Nocatee. For us, parks in close proximity so our kids can play nearby, a school within walking distance, and convenience to other areas of town were important. Although we loved the homes and the lots in Durbin, the reality of it was to get to the parks, you'd almost have to drive. I wouldn't be able to allow my younger children to go play at the parks in either of the amenity centers in Durbin without me present, as they were both just too far from any of the lots we looked at. Same thing with the school, if you are in Durbin North, crossing over to the school is a major road to cross. Greenleaf has multiple parks throughout the neighborhood and a school in walking distance without major roads to cross. We "settled" on a slightly smaller house but scored one of the few cul-de-sac lots. I think Durbin has nicer/larger floorplans, more builders and lots to choose from. The prices are also higher in Nocatee for the same floorplan and same builder in Durbin. We liked the amenities and feel of Nocatee better and ultimately decided to build there, but could have just as easily chosen Durbin Crossing. It is such a personal preference, both areas have their pros and both are beautiful places to live. Also for people stating that Nocatee is isolated or farther away, I would say you should really make both drives during rush hour traffic. Durbin is equally "isolated" and saying it is close to San Jose Blvd Target is silly- Nocatee is a similar distance with less traffic to Southside Blvd. Target. The roads and infrastructure are already in place, even if it does look like something from Stephen King novel. I'll take empty roads over the 2 lane land locked congestion of parts of RaceTrack any day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 12:12 PM

199 posts, read 469,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahak View Post
I think it depends on what you're looking for. We looked at both neighborhoods for years before finally deciding on Nocatee. For us, parks in close proximity so our kids can play nearby, a school within walking distance, and convenience to other areas of town were important. Although we loved the homes and the lots in Durbin, the reality of it was to get to the parks, you'd almost have to drive. I wouldn't be able to allow my younger children to go play at the parks in either of the amenity centers in Durbin without me present, as they were both just too far from any of the lots we looked at. Same thing with the school, if you are in Durbin North, crossing over to the school is a major road to cross. Greenleaf has multiple parks throughout the neighborhood and a school in walking distance without major roads to cross. We "settled" on a slightly smaller house but scored one of the few cul-de-sac lots. I think Durbin has nicer/larger floorplans, more builders and lots to choose from. The prices are also higher in Nocatee for the same floorplan and same builder in Durbin. We liked the amenities and feel of Nocatee better and ultimately decided to build there, but could have just as easily chosen Durbin Crossing. It is such a personal preference, both areas have their pros and both are beautiful places to live. Also for people stating that Nocatee is isolated or farther away, I would say you should really make both drives during rush hour traffic. Durbin is equally "isolated" and saying it is close to San Jose Blvd Target is silly- Nocatee is a similar distance with less traffic to Southside Blvd. Target. The roads and infrastructure are already in place, even if it does look like something from Stephen King novel. I'll take empty roads over the 2 lane land locked congestion of parts of RaceTrack any day!
Welcome to Greenleaf!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:41 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,790,391 times
I saw the aquatic/recreation complex at DC and thought it was nice! It is not as big as the one at Nocatee, but it was very nice. 6 lane pool (with a couple extra areas), nice slide, basketball courts, etc. The pics online are good.

Nocatee has a bigger aquatic complex, though, plus they are building the new Jr. Olympic pool. Much nicer/bigger...but as someone said, will be supporting a bigger population, too.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:22 PM

410 posts, read 602,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahak View Post
If you were smart you wouldn't give your business to ANY Target.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:07 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
I keep hearing about CDD. Exactly how much are we talking about?

And btw, for these subdivision, are they restriction what you can do with your backyard?

Old 01-29-2014, 03:40 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,161,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I keep hearing about CDD. Exactly how much are we talking about?

And btw, for these subdivision, are they restriction what you can do with your backyard?
Depends on your lots size, typically $200 to $300 a month.

And yes, it's HOA regulated, so no flamingos in the backyard for you.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:04 PM

I'm curious about fences. I didn't see many in Ponte Vedra Beach or the other areas (ie, do HOA's allow them?).

I'm asking because we have a small dog and he is used to running around a fenced backyard.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:06 PM

196 posts, read 427,791 times
Per individual HOA guidelines you typically are allowed fences, but they usually describe what type of fence you can have. For example, in our neighborhood, you can have either a four foot black aluminium (wrought iron look) fence or a white vinyl privacy fence - hate the white, not sure WHY they chose that, but alas that is what it is in our neighborhood.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:18 AM

410 posts, read 602,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebab View Post
Per individual HOA guidelines you typically are allowed fences, but they usually describe what type of fence you can have. For example, in our neighborhood, you can have either a four foot black aluminium (wrought iron look) fence or a white vinyl privacy fence - hate the white, not sure WHY they chose that, but alas that is what it is in our neighborhood.
There's also rules around the type of fence you can have if you have a specific type of lot. I.E. no white vinyl on the lake lots.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:36 AM

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville