Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 11:35 AM

9 posts, read 9,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
I don't think it's a bad neighborhood at all. Sure you don't have ALL the ammenites that Nocatee has but you can go to most of the public Noc events like food truck fridays, farmers markets etc and you have all the same dining and shopping options, good schools and same value in terms of location. As others said, it is a popular rental choice for someone who ultimately is planning to move to Noc or building in Noc. There is a pool and basketball. Not sure what else.

I would get a thorough inspection if you are buying. A friend of mine rented there and had an issue with mold and rotting drywall and ended up getting some share of money back on top of their deposit. I guess the owner did some repairs and the house went right on the market for sale.
Thank you for your feedback. I called the Nocatee center and was told it’s $3800/year for those residents only access Nocatee ammenities like the water parks. I think I will choose to pay the fee than getting a small house with a boring backyard, as long as this community doesn’t look like a dump. When was your friend’s rental place up for sale? I heard even after mold is treated, it’s hard to completely get rid off, so I don’t want to deal with mold issue. So I hope it’s not the one I’m looking at

Last edited by TraiDua; 04-15-2020 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 11:59 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Don't focus on Nocatee, just about every master planned neighborhood in St Johns County has amenities, albeit most on a lesser scale. I would not pay $3,800 for their amenities, for that price you could have a gym membership at a public gym (which is way bigger/better) and still have $3,200 leftover.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Don't focus on Nocatee, just about every master planned neighborhood in St Johns County has amenities, albeit most on a lesser scale. I would not pay $3,800 for their amenities, for that price you could have a gym membership at a public gym (which is way bigger/better) and still have $3,200 leftover.
Thanks for your info. Their water parks do look great

Old 04-15-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:

Not sure why My reply got cut off so short

Old 04-15-2020, 12:46 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraiDua View Post
Thanks for your info. Their water parks do look great
If you have kids, they will have just as much fun in any of the other 75 community pools in our area. With the $3,800 annual fee, you could invest that for a few years and build your own pool in a less expensive neighborhood! And hey, the beach is always free.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
If you have kids, they will have just as much fun in any of the other 75 community pools in our area. With the $3,800 annual fee, you could invest that for a few years and build your own pool in a less expensive neighborhood! And hey, the beach is always free.
I’m having trouble posting reply longer than one line, won’t show...

Old 04-15-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I’ll take your advice and explore more. Thanks!

Old 04-21-2020, 12:13 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,247,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF97 View Post
We are looking to buy or rent as of July. We have been looking in nocatee or DC. Lately, I have noticed homes for sale in walden chase. Any comments on what this neighborhood is like? Kids? Family friendly? Lot sizes? This seems to get more and more confusing. Thank you!
Very poor build quality in there. That community was built during the great "Chinese drywall" debacle. Google it if you haven't heard of it.

That's just one of many issues in there.

If you're renting short term, that's fine, but I wouldn't buy a home in there at any price. Just my two cents.

SS

Old 04-21-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Very poor build quality in there. That community was built during the great "Chinese drywall" debacle. Google it if you haven't heard of it.

That's just one of many issues in there.

If you're renting short term, that's fine, but I wouldn't buy a home in there at any price. Just my two cents.

SS
I looked it up and found that home built in 2005-2006 used Chinese drywall. There are many homes in Walden Chase that were built in 2002-2004. Are those homes ok then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville