Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 05:30 PM

4 posts, read 3,443 times

Advertisements

Hi - we are relocating to Jacksonville from NY and will be moving into a house in Julington Creek Plantation (JCP). We know that the schools are top rated, but would like to continue our children's schooling in the catholic school system. San Juan Del Rio is closer,but we are considering San Jose due to its science program. Would anyone in JCP be able to provide feedback on either schools - their experience and the commute, which with traffic will be about 30 min to San Jose. We have grades pk3, k, 2, and 5. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 01:05 AM

2,340 posts, read 2,667,923 times
Don't want to muddy the waters any more for you, but we live in JCP. We are way past the kids in school age, but we go to St Joseph's in Mandarin and they have a school also.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:49 AM

Hi! Did your children attend St Joseph's? Recent great school feedback is mixed on the administration... What is the drive like to St Joseph's? In NY the districts have to provide bus service for private schools, so drop off and pick up will be a change for us.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,003 times
Hi there and welcome to Jax! My little girl has attended San Jose since Kindergarten. She just finished 5th grade this year. I would be more than happy to share information and my personal experience with the school. My daughter loves San Jose and my husband and I are very happy with the academic program. Email me at [email]maria264@bellsouth.net[/email] and we'll talk more.

Maria

Old 07-07-2014, 10:51 AM

272 posts, read 1,001,464 times
Our daughter attended San Jose through 3rd grade while we lived in Riverside. We moved to Fruit Cove last year and she went to public school. We are going back to San Jose this year, and couldn't be more excited. She had all A's and one B in 4th grade, but we feel the overall education is better at San Jose. We also didn't care for all the "distractions" in the classroom that come along with public school as well as having to have some "mature" conversations a little earlier than expected due to the other kids in the class.

The 5th and 6th grade teachers at San Jose are amazing and the Science program is superb! The commute from the Julington Creek Bridge is about 30 min.

What part of NY are you moving from? I am from the Hudson Valley area (Orange County).

Old 07-08-2014, 08:23 AM

Hi - we are moving to Jacksonville from Long Island. We have also experienced the pros and cons of being in an excellent school district, as it relates to academics, values, and mature conversations. Understanding that no school is perfect, we feel that catholic school is the right fit for us in terms of values and want to make sure the academics are competitive, engaging, diverse (arts, athletics, language), and that the school fosters collaboration and communication with parents.

What time do you leave in the morning? My husband will most likely take them to school before work.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:59 AM

272 posts, read 1,001,464 times
Yes, people feel we are crazy since St. Johns is one of the best school districts in the state. San Jose is just a better fit for our family (and we're not even Catholic).

If we leave at 7:05 (7:10 at the latest), you can get to San Jose about 7:35-7:40 (tardy bell rings at 7:45).

Here is a shortcut to avoid San Jose Blvd (State Road 13) and head up Scott Mill Road.

http://tinyurl.com/okonkzh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville