Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 AM

13 posts, read 13,452 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
We are considering a move to the Jacksonville area . My husband has taken initial look and liked the Avondale area. We have 3 kids, 10, 7,7 . Our 7 year old son is a special needs child ( nonverbal , delayed ) .
My initial research shows North Florida School of Education as a good sp. needs school. If that works for us, we 'd send the 10 and 7 year old to private school . I know the local elementary has a good rep( Fishweir) , but we'd like to keep those two together and the 10 year old would only have 1 year of elementary left. If it makes any difference, both of them are fluent in French, we would be making the move internationally, but we're American . The question is what private schools are within reasonable distance from Avondale , assuming I'd have to take them everyday. Do private schools run school busses ?? I've looked only at St. John's Country Day and Bolles at this point. Thanks for any reference points .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,582,304 times
St marks Episcopal day school but it only goes up to 6th grade. St Paul's and st Matthews catholic schools are nearby as well and they go IP to 8th grade. My kids went to St Mark's and St Paul's after 6th. We were happy with both schools. They were well prepared for high school

Old 08-23-2014, 06:20 AM

13 posts, read 13,452 times
Thanks for the info, will check them out

Old 08-27-2014, 06:21 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,296,837 times
Riverside Presbyterian Day School (RPDS) is a popular private school in the Riverside & Avondale historic district.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:53 AM

46 posts, read 61,146 times
I can't help much with the school question more than already posted, but you will love the Avondale area. I am not sure how the commute would go for you for Bolles though. Getting there probably wouldn't be bad, but traffic coming back to Avondale once you drop them off could be bad. Have your realtor look into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville