Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2015, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,068 times

Advertisements

Hello All and Thank all of you in advance for any of your advise and help.

My husband and I are originally from NY but we have been living in Houston almost 20 years. We have gotten very use to the southern hospitality and the great weather but just looking to relocate.

We are both in our mid 40's and have already finished raising our children so now it's just us. We are looking to relax and enjoy ourselves. We are both writers and love the beach & music; my husband also loves fishing.

1. We do home remodeling/carpentry.......Are people doing a good amount of remodeling in their homes? Are there a good amount of jobs there in that field?

2. I am nervous about winding up in a run-down, drug infested neighborhood.......We have no children anymore so quiet is great but my husband is a musician so not too quiet (a 1 bedroom in the 600-700 range) We like a city/suburban mixture and feel.

Thanks again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2015, 08:20 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
There's plenty of fishing all over the city. Music scenes are decent and the beach is about as cheap as a beach gets for a major metro area.

1) Construction is picking up quite a bit. I'm not gonna say it's not competitive, but theres definitely a lot of work being done these days.
2) 1 bedroom apartments? You can find something thats safe but it'll be tough to also get much in the way of amenities or anywhere near the beach (or other popular areas). City/suburban mix is the definition of Jax. Well, mostly suburban.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:45 PM

16 posts, read 34,325 times
You sound like you are going to be Jax Beach peeps!

Tons of remodeling opps around here. Crazy opps. You will have lots of business if you are good.

Lots of safe areas. If you are beach/music people, you can check out good rentals in our paper. The classifieds are online:
beachesleader.com I love that for rentals.

Run-down areas are easy to spot a mile away. Plenty of other good areas. Our music is awesome here, too.

I'm guessing you will find a cute little rental in Jax Beach. ;-)

Keep me posted!

Amy Rose
ARoseinjax on Twitter

Old 06-04-2015, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 3,247 times
Agreed on the Beaches. Older homes, so plenty of needs there. Plus, you can relax at or by the beach! A win/win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: