Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 07:08 PM

55 posts, read 123,528 times

Advertisements

We will be looking at Nocatee as a potential home for our family to live. Anyone here who lives there? What are the pros and cons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 10:02 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,889 times
Pros - you'll be part of a vigorous cult following of neighbors who rather die than admit any other neighborhood can compare. Oh, and that lazy river, man what a lazy river!

Cons - overpriced, crowded, spread out, far from everything

Old 01-16-2015, 10:16 AM

34 posts, read 76,116 times
I thought it was rather close to everything?
Also, is this "cult" a positive thing?

Old 01-16-2015, 10:22 AM

77 posts, read 112,232 times
We visited the area over the holidays and I thought it seemed very far away from everything. There is also tons of new houses going up on clear cut land all over the area. I am sure there will be more businesses and eventually the construction will end, but for now that's what you will get.

There are some better threads in this forum about this exact topic...

Here's a thread and I bumped it up too: //www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...ing-there.html

Last edited by Octobersmoon; 01-16-2015 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 01-16-2015, 10:41 AM

117 posts, read 246,132 times
Here's the thing I think is so funny. Anyone who lives there loves it...and anyone who lives elsewhere knocks it. I've been in Nocatee for 2 years and love it. It's centrally located in my opinion between St. Aug, PVB and Jax. Coming from NY, I like that everything is not on top of each other - which was my preference - not all agree. I think once you're familiar with where all the neighborhoods are, then it doesn't seem as spread out.
It's personal preference. There are tons of kids, mine always have someone to play with. They love the new school - and the other schools are fine as well. Everyone is new, since it's a fairly new development, and it's easy to make friends.
Good luck with your home search!!

Old 01-16-2015, 11:11 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
It would be hard to find a truly unbiased opinion of Nocatee based on Lisa259's spot-on assessment above. People who live there will defend it no matter what and others seem to hate it for some reason.

Personally, I looked at several communities - Nocatee being one of them. I was coming from a fairly remote area of the Colorado Rockies and this just felt like a neighborhood in the middle of nowhere to me. I chose to be somewhat closer to the city in another neighborhood so that my wife and I would not be spending so much time driving to/from places. And I STILL feel like we're far away from Jax and St Augustine....so very thankful we chose to live where we did.

I will say I was blown away by their amenity center - the gym and main pool are amazing. I definitely have gym envy as our gym is only slightly larger than the little crappy ones you find in most hotels.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:22 AM

Those are great points, thank you! We will have to check it out:-) We live in South Florida right now and while trying to find a more kids-and family friendly area than we are in now, Nocatee is one of our options:-) Others include Boca Raton and Jupiter areas......

Old 01-16-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa259 View Post
Here's the thing I think is so funny. Anyone who lives there loves it...and anyone who lives elsewhere knocks it. I've been in Nocatee for 2 years and love it. It's centrally located in my opinion between St. Aug, PVB and Jax. Coming from NY, I like that everything is not on top of each other - which was my preference - not all agree. I think once you're familiar with where all the neighborhoods are, then it doesn't seem as spread out.
It's personal preference. There are tons of kids, mine always have someone to play with. They love the new school - and the other schools are fine as well. Everyone is new, since it's a fairly new development, and it's easy to make friends.
Good luck with your home search!!
Thank you, Lisa! It is helpful to hear from someone who lives there, rather than getting all information via the Nocatee marketing..... which is doing great btw;-)

Old 01-16-2015, 11:37 AM

15 posts, read 54,257 times
I have researched the communities in the area for the past two years and have analyzed everything from schools to traffic patterns. We are now building a home in Nocatee and I am thrilled beyond belief. My husband who doesn't love anything the first time around fell in love during the first drive thru. Of course there are pros and cons to everything, but as far as I can tell the pros outweigh the cons a hundred-fold.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:39 AM

117 posts, read 246,132 times
I would never say one community is better than another, as obviously I only live in one. I honestly know several people who ended up moving out of Nocatee as they just didn't like it. Like I said, it's all personal preference. I happen to like my subdivision and my house - and there are other Nocatee subdivisions I wouldn't live in even if you paid me.
I am seriously bored with the whole "Nocatee Lifestyle" marketing blah blah blah.... I live in my house. I like my house. I don't like all of Nocatee. There are huge differences between the different subdivisions. The people, the age groups, the income levels, etc. Some are miles away from me.
People ask me where I live and I say PV. I did get a kick out of the "cult" comment before. There are some groups of people in Nocatee who I definitely think fall in that category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville