Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:14 PM

116 posts, read 195,924 times

Advertisements

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows prices of some of the options with DF builder. We have our design appt at the end if the week and would like to be prepared.

1. How much to upgrade from chrome to brushed nickel faucets?

2. Kitchen back splash pricing? I know it depends on which level, but any input is helpful.

3. Ceiling fans?

4. Pendant lights?

5. White cabinets cost in master bath?

6. Level 2 kitchen cabinets pricing?

7. Cost to paint bedrooms different color from main?

8. Patio screen?

9. Fencing?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 12:35 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsn0122 View Post
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows prices of some of the options with DF builder. We have our design appt at the end if the week and would like to be prepared.

1. How much to upgrade from chrome to brushed nickel faucets?

2. Kitchen back splash pricing? I know it depends on which level, but any input is helpful.

3. Ceiling fans?

4. Pendant lights?

5. White cabinets cost in master bath?

6. Level 2 kitchen cabinets pricing?

7. Cost to paint bedrooms different color from main?

8. Patio screen?

9. Fencing?

Thanks.
They can answer any of those question accurately and quickly when you are there, so not sure how prepared you have to be in terms of how much something costs. How would we know?!

Anyhow, don't do ceiling fans, patio screening, or fencing with your builder. They are going to charge you far, far more, with far, far less options, than getting it done once you move in. You can likely even line up the fencing and screening before you move in so they could do it in the first couple of days of moving. There are a ton of handymen services that would take $20 a fan to install, and you could pick whatever fans you want rather than choosing from one or two the builder may offer.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:12 PM

I was specifically asking from people who have already been to DF design center and/or had their homes built since they would know pricing. My husband will be watching our kids while I go so I don't want to have to call him over every price/option.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:37 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsn0122 View Post
I was specifically asking from people who have already been to DF design center and/or had their homes built since they would know pricing. My husband will be watching our kids while I go so I don't want to have to call him over every price/option.
Why not price these items elsewhere first so you know what prices are reasonable? Don't feel pressured into making any decisions or commitments when you go there; just get their prices and tell them you'll get back to them with your decision after checking market prices. Remember that any options you source yourself will be paid by you in cash or short term credit card use; anything you source from the builder will be paid for by you for as long as you have a mortgage.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:39 PM

19 posts, read 26,908 times
Ask if they use OSB.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:45 AM

227 posts, read 391,083 times
I can't speak to Dream Finders, but I can tell you that Weekley wanted ~$400 per room to paint a different color. After we caught our breath, we just decided to paint ourselves after moving in. Glad we did, because the paint quality is terrible and we would have spent hundreds to thousands of dollars on crappy different colored paint. There were some upgrades we were pleasantly surprised on how little the charge was (granite from the standard corian in the kitchen comes to mind), but paint was exactly the opposite.

Totally agree with the post above on screen, fence, and fans through builder. You're likely to pay way more if you have them do it than just take care of it after closing.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:04 AM

I owned a home in NY so I'm aware of most costs since we've done many projects and renovations. I won't know the costs of upgrades until my design appt Sat. I'd have to decide then on what I have them do in order for our plans to move forward. It's priced by level 1, 2, 3 etc. If it's $100 to paint a bathroom a different color, I'd do it for convenience. But, if it's outrageous like $400 I'd pass. My husband wants to do cabinet hardware and ceiling fans and brushed nickel faucets himself. But, if chrome to nickel isn't much more, I'd rather have builder do it.

Old 09-16-2015, 12:36 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,160,611 times
Here's an idea, get a babysitter and go together. I would never go to the design center without my spouse, those are some pretty big decisions that need to be made in person. "Do you want the brown cabinets with the swirly indents in them, or the slightly darker brown cabinets with square shaped indents?" Seems like an impossible task to do over the phone.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:01 PM

5,181 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
Here's an idea, get a babysitter and go together. I would never go to the design center without my spouse, those are some pretty big decisions that need to be made in person. "Do you want the brown cabinets with the swirly indents in them, or the slightly darker brown cabinets with square shaped indents?" Seems like an impossible task to do over the phone.

You said what I was thinking................

Old 09-16-2015, 05:13 PM

Wow, that was rude. Never said anything about doing it over the phone. I was at the design center to preview items, but they don't give pricing there. My husband and I just moved here with our kids so we don't have a babysitter. Not to mention, he had a few small requests but is trusting me with the design. I took pictures so we could go over choices, but the post is about PRICING... Not "what you would or wouldn't do" by ASSuming I'm excluding my husband from these decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville