Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 AM

12 posts, read 135,520 times

Advertisements

I will be accepting an offer from Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, and looking for an apartment near the hospital. I would like to know how the surrounding neighborhoods are. What’s the area crime level? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2006, 08:35 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Default Hi Privette

Congratulations on your job. Crime is very low in that area. It's a very convenient area to live in, albeit the traffic can be pretty bad. However, if you work at Mayo and live near there you should be fine. It's very close to the beach as well (about 10 minutes).

Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 AM

Thank you very much trobesmom!

Old 11-16-2006, 03:27 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
congratulations on the new job!!
and a early welcome !!!!
Mayo is right off JTB RT 202 the exit is San Pablo
you could live anywhere off of JTB there are some nice apts off of Hodges which is one exit west. The nice thing is you will be going against traffic
You can also look into Ponte Vedra Beach, which is about 10 mins from Mayo. The have some nice apts off of Ponte vedra Lakes Blvd, you can also check the paper, when allot of the apts went condo folks bought for investment and then rent them out.
There are a couple great places for breakfast I can give you some more information once you get there.
any other information you need , please feel free to ask
karla

Old 11-17-2006, 08:21 AM

Wink Thanks Karla and trobesmom

Your information gives me peace of mind! I will be moving from Japan and never been in Florida. I was worried for the high crime rate in Jacksonville... but I think its all relative. My future supervisor told me to look south side blvd., bay meadows road, gate parkway, belle rive blvd. Hope I can find an apartment without bugs...

Old 11-17-2006, 04:30 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Privette
Gate parkway has some great apts. there are also some nice apts around 9a and baymeadows if you send me a pm or email I can give you some names
I have never had a problem with bugs inside, apts are really good with the monthly spraying
What an exciting time for you.
Having moved 23 times and about to embark on move 24 to Atlanta in a few months(husband job transfer) I look at moving as an adventure
May your adventure be filled with wonderful things
Karla

Old 01-02-2007, 01:38 PM

72 posts, read 464,720 times
Gate Parkway has some nice apartment complexes. I lived in Village Walk a couple of years ago when I was getting acquainted with the area. I moved into a new and rather large 2/2 for about $1100/month. It is a gated complex and when I lived there, a Jaguars player lived above me, as well as another player a few buildings down. It is a very nice community. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to Mayo, depending on traffic. It's better to live right next to Mayo or west of Mayo due to the traffic pattern (as opposed to the beaches). I used to work at the beach and my commute was a breeze. HTH!

Old 01-02-2007, 04:35 PM

Thanks Jax32256! Gate Parkway, Village Walk... I will keep that option in mind for when my actual lease is over. I opted for The Antlers because my initial budget and because its near the St. Lukes hospital, where I will be working for this year. Next year probably will be looking for an apartment near the Mayo Clinic, where our lab will be relocating. But I can say so far so good! The Southside area is perfect for me. Everything is near. And talking about The Antlers complex, its a very good place to start. No bugs, quick maintenance repairs, lots of facilities, lot of parking sites. The area seems to be secure. I am very happy to be here!
Thanks and Happy New YEAR!!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:51 PM

60 posts, read 257,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by privette View Post
Your information gives me peace of mind! I will be moving from Japan and never been in Florida. I was worried for the high crime rate in Jacksonville... but I think its all relative. My future supervisor told me to look south side blvd., bay meadows road, gate parkway, belle rive blvd. Hope I can find an apartment without bugs...
LOL an apartment without bugs...in FL?? You made my day!
When I first moved here I was in a very nice apartment that was infested with little cockroaches...ick..we moved finally after 6 months...

Mayo area is very nice.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:03 AM

5 posts, read 22,305 times
Default The price in Antlers

Could you please tell me the price of two bedroom in The Antlers?
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville