Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 07:14 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Have to say we've been extremely happy at Sawgrass CC. We've had zero issues with parking at the beach club on weekends and holidays. During busy holidays (and TPC Players week), Sawgrass designates what's known as "Red Flag" days and will only allow Country Club members to park at the beach club (Sawgrass residents that are not members are turned away). Member guests & non-member Sawgrass residents are asked to park at the golf club house and subsequently shuttled over during "Red Flag" days.

They recently completed the renovation at the beach club (inside and out) and has been great thus far. We absolutely love the privacy that Sawgrass BC affords us above all else. We looked at other clubs in PVB but we just didn't like the hotel/lodging affiliation each of those clubs had. Are there snooty/nasty people there? Yup, but they're few and far between.
I'm confused. I thought that Sawgrass CC was totally private. Are you saying that people who live in Sawgrass can use some of the club facilities even if they're not members? Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 11:36 AM

1,560 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I'm confused. I thought that Sawgrass CC was totally private. Are you saying that people who live in Sawgrass can use some of the club facilities even if they're not members? Robyn
No, non-member Sawgrass residents cannot use the club facilities. However, non-member residents can still walk over to the beach using the walkway/steps surrounding the beach club pavilion. Club facilities are gated and members can gain entry via key fob, bracelet or key pad.

Last edited by Ivan Putski; 06-15-2016 at 12:09 PM..

Old 06-15-2016, 01:39 PM

93 posts, read 158,348 times
Just FYI, from The Plantation website --

Kids - The Plantation at Ponte Vedra

They also have a weekly camp for kids in the summer. It's pretty full, although I believe that some of the kids who go are grandchildren of residents as well as children who live in the neighborhood.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaJax View Post
Just FYI, from The Plantation website --

Kids - The Plantation at Ponte Vedra

They also have a weekly camp for kids in the summer. It's pretty full, although I believe that some of the kids who go are grandchildren of residents as well as children who live in the neighborhood.
Well - considering what the OP is looking for - that's something that has to be evaluated. For example - the young couple with young children who moved across the street from us maybe 1 1/2 - 2 years ago here in Marsh Landing - well her parents live in the Plantation. They moved here to be close to their grandchildren. Her father plays golf 6 days a week and her mother helicopters around her daughter's house 6 days a week - seemingly 24 hours a day. When I go out to pick up the papers in the driveway at about 6:30 - the mother is already there - taking out the garbage - picking weeds - etc. This helicopter parent stuff isn't something I grew up with - and it honestly seems a little weird to me. Robyn

Old 06-15-2016, 04:53 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,789,495 times
Quote:
Well - considering what the OP is looking for - that's something that has to be evaluated. For example - the young couple with young children who moved across the street from us maybe 1 1/2 - 2 years ago here in Marsh Landing - well her parents live in the Plantation. They moved here to be close to their grandchildren. Her father plays golf 6 days a week and her mother helicopters around her daughter's house 6 days a week - seemingly 24 hours a day. When I go out to pick up the papers in the driveway at about 6:30 - the mother is already there - taking out the garbage - picking weeds - etc. This helicopter parent stuff isn't something I grew up with - and it honestly seems a little weird to me. Robyn
Sounds like grandma is taking care of the grandkids. Does the mom work during the day?

Last edited by snuffybear; 06-15-2016 at 05:11 PM..

Old 06-16-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Sounds like grandma is taking care of the grandkids. Does the mom work during the day?
No.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:12 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,789,495 times
Quote:
No.
Well, whatever, the grandma must just want to be involved and must get along well with her daughter if they want to spend that much time together. People live differently, I'm not sure I see the issue here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville