Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:01 PM

3 posts, read 3,263 times

Advertisements

Husband will be working at the Blount Isl. Port. We are looking for Town Homes/Condo/Apt. within 30 min. drive and a good Elementary school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 02:10 PM

237 posts, read 496,996 times
I am not that familiar with the 32226 zip code. Last time I was there was to see the Catty Shack. I would recommend maybe coming down south a bit to either Atlantic Beach, Jax Beach or the 32225 zip code and look at East Arlington. You got Sable Palm and other good elementary schools in that area. Plus I think it is a much nicer area; less industrial. Check out this site for schools.:

GreatSchools.org Search, 1-25

Old 06-23-2016, 06:58 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,496,591 times
I would also recommend exploring along and around Heckscher Drive (105) and up into Amelia Island. Both decent to very nice looking areas (Amelia Island looks nicer than Heckscher). Suspect you will have better luck with the schools on Amelia Island (in Nassau County) than those near Heckscher that are in Duval County. Amelia Island is kind of pricey. If you're looking for something less expensive - you can explore "inland" in Nassau County - around Yulee and the like. I understand there's a lot of new development there (although I'm not personally familiar with it). Robyn

Old 06-23-2016, 07:41 AM

I just went through Yulee on my way to Amelia Island. Yulee is booming. I know people who are moving out there. Too me in some ways it is like Middleburg. You get more house for your money. I guess it depends on what you like. There is a reason that St. Johns Center, Tinseltown and the Avenues Mall are located in South Side along with the major movie theaters. Do you like to be close to stuff or more out in the Boonies?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:59 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,496,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbil View Post
I just went through Yulee on my way to Amelia Island. Yulee is booming. I know people who are moving out there. Too me in some ways it is like Middleburg. You get more house for your money. I guess it depends on what you like. There is a reason that St. Johns Center, Tinseltown and the Avenues Mall are located in South Side along with the major movie theaters. Do you like to be close to stuff or more out in the Boonies?
As the traffic gets worse and worse in the metro area - I think an important consideration is being close to where you work. In this case - Blount Island. I think one important thing the OP should do is drive the major roads from Blount Island to here and there during her husband's commute times. The only times I get near there for the most part - except for going to/from the Zoo or Amelia Island (mostly on weekends) - is on my way to/from the airport. Butler Blvd. to 295 and then north to the airport. It is pretty much traffic free for the most part - at least these days.

Another important consideration for people with kids is schools. Nassau County has a pretty good reputation for schools. But - as in all Florida counties - some schools are better than others. And - if an area is growing - people may well be dealing with new schools (unknown quantities).

We have at least one or two Nassau County posters here. Hope they will drop by and give their opinions (because they know more about Nassau County than most of us here). Robyn

Old 06-23-2016, 06:00 PM

Have to agree with Robyn you will have to drive it during rush hour to know for sure.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:42 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,573,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbil View Post
Higher income levels as well. Being on the Southside of Jax makes it easier for "destination" shoppers from places like Palm Coast. SS Jax is much easier to get to than Orlando's higher end stores from Palm Coast and even northern Volusia County

Old 07-07-2016, 07:23 PM

Thank you for the advice. I think we have narrowed it down to the Julington Creek area. Opinions? Looking for a Townhome that has a fenced area for our dog to have space.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisco1980 View Post
Thank you for the advice. I think we have narrowed it down to the Julington Creek area. Opinions? Looking for a Townhome that has a fenced area for our dog to have space.
I live in Mandarin. I seriously doubt you are doing that drive in 30 minutes during rush hour.

As for opinions, I live in the area so I think it is nice. I did a quick MLS search and I must say I do not see many townhouses for rent currently. They rent fast and you have to move quickly.

What are you asking opinion about exactly? Great Schools, Great Location IMO, Reasonable close to things like shopping and restaurants.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:24 AM

I've had a hard time as well, finding anything in that area..Our other choice, just by internet search was The Cape House and Chet's Creek Ele. School.. We are going to ride down this wknd and see what kind of drive we are looking at from where my husband will be, and which area is to our liking.

I just hate searching online. Especially when I know nothing but shopping the Town Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville