Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:05 PM

725 posts, read 2,571,302 times

Advertisements

lol. This store's gonna be popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 07:26 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileDoc View Post
Gradco, I am looking at the site plan and see the Westin and the housing, where's the Neiman, and Nordstrom? It may be on a different site then I am looking at. You may just be kidding as well, because wouldnt that be BIG news? I know the developers have hinted at these stores coming, but once they put those names on site plans... Heres hoping!!
No Doc, I'm not kidding you . I forgot to post the link. It is on the aerial view pdf. But it's no secret. Carter went on record saying that he hoped to announce the stores by end of 2007, beginning of 2008... as well as the construction plan for Phase III.

http://www.marketsattowncenter.com/i...ty-Aerial.html

The proposal has Nordstrom in the parking lot behind Louis Vuitton, and Neiman Marcus in the parking lot behind Kate Spade. There is still an open lot across from Louis Vuitton for Crate&Barrel. Hopefully construction will start soon on that.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
I think you missed the one in barnes and noble
Damn, you're right! And I bet that The Westin will brew Starbucks in its lobby! They aren't appealing to me anyway. I am a JAMBA JUICE guy. I go to the location near my house every morning. When I am at work, I will drive to the one at Phillips/Baymeadows and grab a Pomegranate Passion & a slice of Al's Pizza.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:35 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post

The proposal has Nordstrom in the parking lot behind Louis Vuitton, and Neiman Marcus in the parking lot behind Kate Spade. There is still an open lot across from Louis Vuitton for Crate&Barrel. Hopefully construction will start soon on that.
So we're getting both?! Wow. Still no word on Macy's though?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
the viking will take care of him

Ahhh, now that's thinking......thanks Apvbguy!

Too bad all I can walk out of there with is a stove.......

Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
So we're getting both?! Wow. Still no word on Macy's though?
Yes, both ! ! ! The GM is 99% sure that there will be no Macy's at the Town Center. It is not suited for their market / tenant mix. They are aiming for more upscale. There was an article a while back where Macy's said they would not enter the market until they were able to open multiple locations at one time (Bascially, the same thing Kohls did). I don't see Macy's being too far away, though. This is the same scenario as Kohls. Kohls ran commercials about 1 1/2 years before they actually came to Jax, then opened a bunch of locations within months of each other. I have been seeing commercials for Macy's since last fall, so they can't be too far off. I have agree with the General Manager of the Town Center on this one. Macy's should not be at the Town Center. They are basically a Dillards or Belk. I find Rivercity Marketplace & Avenues Walk to be excellent locations for 2 Macys. A Macy's North & Macy's South (hey, it could happen). They would be far more appropriate in these locations since Macy's is somewhere the average worker can afford. Plus, they would make a great anchor for these two shopping destinations.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:

have you priced those stoves yet?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:

You know they do cooking classes too? Makes for an excellent "Date Night." (I know I'm not the only one who has date night & game night & reality show night, right? )

Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
Yes, both ! ! ! The GM is 99% sure that there will be no Macy's at the Town Center. It is not suited for their market / tenant mix. They are aiming for more upscale. There was an article a while back where Macy's said they would not enter the market until they were able to open multiple locations at one time (Bascially, the same thing Kohls did). I don't see Macy's being too far away, though. This is the same scenario as Kohls. They ran commercials about 1 1/2 years before they actually came to Jax, with a bunch of locations. I have been seeing commercials for Macy's since last fall. They can't be too far off. I have agree with the GM of the TC on this one. Macy's should not be at the Town Center. They are basically a Dillards or Belk. I find Rivercity Marketplace & Avenues Walk to be excellent locations for 2 Macys. A Macy's North & Macy's South (hey, it could happen). They would be far more appropriate in these locations since Macy's is somewhere the average worker can afford. Plus, they would make a great anchor for these two shopping destinations.
I still don't get this fixation y'all have with macys! I come from the land of Macys and I rarely shopped there. Nordstroms might do well here but I don't see Neiman Marcus doing too well here, way too upscale for JAX, all 5 zillionaires who live here aren't enough to support them.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
have you priced those stoves yet?
Nah, I'm more of a Kenmore girl. I won't be picking up stoves or vikings at The Viking Store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville