Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 07:10 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Do you have anything intelligent to add to this discussion or are you just here to troll?

Not trolling, you politicized this thread with your corny Fox News comment . That's all. As previously stated, everyone is so concerned with the shootings in and around Jacksonville, until JSO becomes proactive in preventing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 07:32 AM

9,396 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Not trolling, you politicized this thread with your corny Fox News comment . That's all. As previously stated, everyone is so concerned with the shootings in and around Jacksonville, until JSO becomes proactive in preventing them.
No, actually YOU did by blaming crime in Jacksonville on (lol) Obama and "his Democratic ilk".

Old 01-18-2018, 07:36 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
I think sithlord72 is correct about the "shootings" part of this reply. JSO simply put their hand on their service gun holster and they are in trouble. They don't even have to take it out!

Actually, today, why would anyone want to be in law enforcement with all the restrictions that are put on officers. Can't do this, can't do that. "Watch it, someone is video taping you on their iPhone".

I think I'd rather work for a law enforcement agency in some small town in Wyoming, Montana or the Dakota's, where they seem to be more appreciated.

Old 02-09-2018, 10:29 AM

Well, the shootings and murders continue on the north side, northwest side and west side. Will this ever stop or even slow down? Many people in those areas are disgusted with this crime.

Can anything at all be done?

Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Well, the shootings and murders continue on the north side, northwest side and west side. Will this ever stop or even slow down? Many people in those areas are disgusted with this crime. Can anything at all be done?
Truth be told, it falls on the residents to take back their hoods from the ghetto criminals. Criminals thrive in ghetto areas for three reasons: 1. They know people who live in the hood who won't tell the police what goes on. 2. In some way, the residents in the hood benefit from criminal activity and 3. The black community in Jacksonville is distrustful of police because of long-standing issues with police harassment.

If we really want to keep it real, the shootings & murders stem from the ghetto culture Jacksonville's black community has embraced. Irresponsibility, kids having kids, 30-year old grandmothers and grandfathers, a lot of this is craziness. People don't understand the ignorant mindsets of the hood, such as this no-snitch policy. One of your family members is a crime victim? Don't talk to the police. In a way, I understand because the victim's loved ones are out for revenge, but all that's gonna do is create a cycle of violence. Based on the bad apples, everybody thinks NW, North and West Jacksonville are warzones of nightly murders & shootings. Contrary to popular belief, there are periods of peace on the Northside, NW and West Jacksonville. For the most part, a lot of these shootings and murders are tied to retaliation and drugs.

Old 02-28-2018, 11:13 AM

From what I've read, one of the problems JSO has is that people in the high crime areas don't want to "snitch" on bad guys. Can't say I blame them, being they could put themselves out there to become a victim if they talked. IOW, some people in these areas would like to "talk", but they also know what the consequences could be for doing so.

Don't really know if there is a full solution to shootings and other crime in Jacksonville, but sure wish there was. One thing for sure, I don't see people moving out of Jacksonville. The freeways here are getting more crowded daily.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:19 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
From what I've read, one of the problems JSO has is that people in the high crime areas don't want to "snitch" on bad guys. Can't say I blame them, being they could put themselves out there to become a victim if they talked. IOW, some people in these areas would like to "talk", but they also know what the consequences could be for doing so.
You said a mouthful right here. There's a saying in the hood that goes like this: The streets is watching. Meaning, if you talk to the police, word will get back to the criminal's loved ones that you talked to the police, and next thing you know, you could be a potential victim. Word travels fast in the ghetto. All this is coming from someone who's lived in the Northside ghetto.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:35 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
You said a mouthful right here. There's a saying in the hood that goes like this: The streets is watching. Meaning, if you talk to the police, word will get back to the criminal's loved ones that you talked to the police, and next thing you know, you could be a potential victim. Word travels fast in the ghetto. All this is coming from someone who's lived in the Northside ghetto.

Snitches Get Stitches

Old 03-01-2018, 08:06 PM

318 posts, read 467,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
This morning I read that a First Coast News Reported ask that question to the Mayor, due the how many homicides have happened in Jax within a week and a half of the start of 2017. He told the reporter that he budgeted money for 100 more JSO officers. He states that his commitment is still the safety of Jax citizens. He also told the reporter that if he wants any information concerning the operation of JSO, he's have to talk to the Sheriff. The reporter tried to talk get an interview with the Sheriff, but only got a written statement saying the same thing as always........."working on it" (in so many words).

A Crime Coalition on the North Side states that JSO isn't doing enough "in the areas of color" for crime.

I don't know, Jax sure isn't getting any better for crime and homicides.

Any idea of what to do?

As I recall, you are leaving Florida. Why do you care?

Are you posting this negative crap just to stir up trouble and make others feel bad?

EVERY TOWN IN THE US has problems.

Old 03-02-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbogyrl View Post
As I recall, you are leaving Florida. Why do you care?

Are you posting this negative crap just to stir up trouble and make others feel bad?

EVERY TOWN IN THE US has problems.
So, your point about us leaving??? Why do I care? Because the city would be so much better without all the crime that goes on.........good enough answer? Although, I do know that many people that live outside the "high crime" areas don't really give a hoot about those areas. The biggest "thought" here is payday (LOL).

And, BTW, talking about crime in a city isn't "negative crap", just reality.

Every town does have problems.........unfortunately, some towns/cities more than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville