Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 06:15 AM

5 posts, read 10,725 times

Advertisements

Hey All: Looking to relocate from Northern Virginia. We have visited PV (Nocatee) and PVB. Was ready to purchase new in Coastal Oaks but changed our minds after researching Toll Brothers. Very intrigued by Beachwalk, specifically Americrest Luxury Homes. Do anyone of you have opinions of either Beachwalk or Americrest? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 06:54 AM

14 posts, read 24,319 times
I just moved from NOVA this month and have been all over St Johns. I have noticed that each community has a different Florida "feel" to it. Some are more beachy, others more just a "lush" Florida and some don't have much of a "feel" at all.

Beachwalk seems to be going more for the beachfront feel with a lot of palm trees and beach grasses among their landscaping. Construction did not seem to be as far along as I would have thought, maybe I just drove through at the wrong time on the wrong day. It did strike me as nice and the only knock I would have on it is that the HOA was really high. Not saying you don't get what you pay for with the 14 acre lake/pool but it is a big number.

210 in front of Beachwalk is under construction right now. That whole stretch of 210 between 1 and 95 felt kind of industrial to me. Seemed like an odd feel with the communities going in along there but I am sure that will change and that is part of what the construction is about.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:31 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
That stretch of 210 is already a giant cluster.....k mess, I can't imagine how bad it will be with another 5,000 homes on each side of it. I know they are expanding it to a 4 lane road, but when you factor in how close it is to I95 and a very popular truck stop, I would have a hard time justifying living there for how exorbitant the HOAs and price per square foot is in that neighborhood (Beachwalk). Plus, from the homes I've seen thus far you have virtually no yard, the housing is stacked right on top of each other. All this for a lagoon when you live 15 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean??? I don't get it.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:28 AM

103 posts, read 139,603 times
Your feelings are accurate imo. Odd hits the nail on the head when it comes to location of Beachwalk, stuck between truck stops/industrial businesses and train tracks. Not to mention disastrous road construction. Does no one buy resales anymore?? Newcomers, consider some of the dozens of fairly new neighborhoods that are already established/built out. I don't understand why anyone would pay these excessive fees for the unknown. Anyone who was here in the mid-late 00's would be cautious. Looks great on the billboards right? Consider existing homes where previous owners have already installed plantation shutters or pricey outdoor living spaces with a pool and any builder defects have been identified. Help stop all this unnecessary building, buy a resale

Old 05-28-2019, 11:57 AM

Really appreciate all your opinions/insights. I have been diligently stalking realtor.com for almost 3 years. Found the perfect home last summer but unfortunately, with 2 still in college we couldn’t jump on it. Haven’t seen a single home that we liked since then. We specifically want a home less than 5 years old. Do NOT want the hassle of renovating!

Our preference would not be to buy new for sure and foe the reasons you mentioned. But after not seeing anything for quite a while, thought we might open up to buying new.

Again, appreciate your help!

Old 05-28-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumsey View Post
Really appreciate all your opinions/insights. I have been diligently stalking realtor.com for almost 3 years. Found the perfect home last summer but unfortunately, with 2 still in college we couldn’t jump on it. Haven’t seen a single home that we liked since then. We specifically want a home less than 5 years old. Do NOT want the hassle of renovating!

Our preference would not be to buy new for sure and foe the reasons you mentioned. But after not seeing anything for quite a while, thought we might open up to buying new.

We were originally planning on buying a resale when we moved down but being here and seeing what is on the market has put building new back in play for us. We haven't decided for sure yet just are considering both options. We are renting for a year to give us time to really look around and see what we want in a lifestyle as much as a house.

I will say this ... NEFL vs NOVA and NEFL wins in a rout. It is everything I had hoped it would be and more.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:06 PM

Oh we cannot wait to get out of NOVA - the traffic is becoming unmanageable! Sounds like we are in the same boat regarding buying new versus resales. Ugh...

We soldier on.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Oh we cannot wait to get out of NOVA - the traffic is becoming unmanageable! Sounds like we are in the same boat regarding buying new versus resales. Ugh...

We soldier on.
People here complain about traffic but it is nothing like NOVA. I was on the road at 7:30 am and traffic was flowing at speed on 95. The traffic patterns some places go in the opposite direction of what you might think. I was on one road expecting to be in bumper to bumper and it was moving at speed but bumper to bumper in the other direction ... go figure.

You may go farther to get places but it takes less time. The diameter of the beltway is much less here so in your mind you have a 30-45 minute drive and it takes 10-15.

Feel free to PM me

Old 05-28-2019, 01:54 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Quote:

I think you'd be surprised what you can find here. There are SO many options with respect to resales. I think your best bet is to find a realtor, give them a list of exactly what you want/need and let them run with it. Zillow/Realtor/Trulia become outdated quickly and don't always contain everything on the MLS. Good luck!

Old 05-28-2019, 04:28 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,896,864 times
I would avoid Beachwalk, the HOA fees are high and you have to belong to the club. The lagoon is a novel idea, but being 10 mins from the real thing, takes a bit of the luster off. The lagoon side homes are the best but you will have folks partying right outside your bedroom window, they are quite pricey with even higher HOA fees, I think they sold out pretty quickly. There are pumps running that make too much noise for me, if you live near the lagoon. Away from lagoon the homes look like anywhere in Florida except with higher HOA fees. Most of the houses we saw were 2 story with stairs and optional elevators. They just built a massive apartment complex nearby called Sentosa:

https://www.apartments.com/sentosa-b...ns-fl/fpndlmt/

The complex may or may not pan out as planned but only time will tell. With Nocatee you know what you are getting. There will be 12,000 homes at build-out and the facilities may get a bit crowded. They also built an apartment complex with 244 units that will use the facilities. Nocatee is a safer bet as its very popular and seems to be going as planned.

https://www.thereserveatpontevedra.com/

I would take Coastal Oaks over Beachwalk unless you are in love with the lagoon. Who knows what it will be like in the future, if it sells out and the lagoon is packed. With any new community you never are assured what the future will bring.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/artic...s-lagoon-fills
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville