Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2019, 10:45 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,528 times

Advertisements

Hi,

You know the beach at the top of Amelia called North Beach Park?

We're doing a family reunion there and I can't find answers to these questions:

1 -- Are there bathrooms?

2 -- Is there a playground for the kids?

3 -- Are there showers?

4 -- I heard parking is bad, can you recommend where to park?

If you also want to throw in your favorite restaurant or three, would love it!

Thank you!!

Alley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 11:39 AM

486 posts, read 517,195 times
I am pretty sure North Beach Park is pretty sparse in parking and facilities. Its Main Beach Park that has the best facilities with bathrooms, playground, etc. I don't live there yet(will be in March or April when my house is done.. but just over the intercoastal), so some of the locals might have more information.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:20 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,528 times
Thank you! I'm trying to find remote beaches for less of a crowd.

Have a wonderful time living there!!!! (I'd call you a Lucky Ducky, but I have a feeling you worked hard to make Amelia happen.

Thank you again,

Alley

Old 10-19-2019, 05:41 AM

5,210 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
Hi,

You know the beach at the top of Amelia called North Beach Park?

We're doing a family reunion there and I can't find answers to these questions:

1 -- Are there bathrooms?

2 -- Is there a playground for the kids?

3 -- Are there showers?

4 -- I heard parking is bad, can you recommend where to park?

If you also want to throw in your favorite restaurant or three, would love it!

Thank you!!

Alley
Towards the south end of the island there is Burney Park. I have enclosed the link below. You can walk down to the beach but you can also drive on the beach. I have a friend who does a small family reunion each year and one or two of his friends has four wheel drive and they drive onto the beach with the canopy’s, grills, food, etc.

https://www.nassaucountyfl.com/Facil.../Burney-Park-9

As far as restaurants we have plenty of nice ones. Check trip advisor for all the reviews. I have several favorites but pretty much we have a great selection of restaurants!

Old 10-19-2019, 02:57 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,761,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
As far as restaurants we have plenty of nice ones. Check trip advisor for all the reviews. I have several favorites but pretty much we have a great selection of restaurants!
Do you know of any restaurants other then at the resorts that are open on Christmas Day? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:16 AM

5,210 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Do you know of any restaurants other then at the resorts that are open on Christmas Day? Thanks in advance.

Mostly you will find the resort resturants open. I would check out Tripadvisor for Amelia Island resturants and see what you like and contact them individually.

I did a quick Google search and found this link from 2018. David's is mentioned and while we have not tried it several friends have and they loved it.

Good luck

https://www.ameliaisland.com/Blog/De...tmas-Day,-2017

Old 10-23-2019, 09:11 PM

542 posts, read 702,736 times
Quote:

My wife and I always go out for Christmas but there is precious little open other then the plantation or ritz. I do believe Davids is open but it is too expensive for us. Although very good we splurged once. We have gone down to Atlantic beach and had mostly drinks and some small plates at "one ocean" last year we had just cocktails their then went to crabby joes at jax beach which was open and busy. That was fun and reasonable. Big non-christian crowd there.

Old 10-23-2019, 09:15 PM

542 posts, read 702,736 times
Quote:
Thank you! I'm trying to find remote beaches for less of a crowd.

When is this beach reunion? because frankly if it is any time in the winter no one is on the beach, including main beach. Not going to be a crowd there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville