Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 07:42 AM

10 posts, read 32,297 times

Advertisements

I live in south hampton right now. It is a very beautiful golf community, but looking for something different. I like a Ryland home called the suffolk. The fees are high in durbin but i like the area. Liked a home in Worthing park, the Taylor by Mattamy! Yikes so much to think about. We are looking for a home good for entertaining and open. More square footage in the living area. We have a 21 year old son, who will hopefully be leaving home soon, and a 13 year old daughter that is interested in the new Creekside High. Any one have any good comments or suggestions!
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 05:49 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
Last time I checked there were gobs and gobs of resales in S Hampton. That makes it very difficult to sell, especially since I believe they are still building. Not knowing when you bought, you'll probably want to make sure that you won't lose money when you try to sell it. I've had some customers that took a real bath getting their home sold in S Hampton, and that was after it was on the market like forever.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:43 PM

353 posts, read 1,148,585 times
In St. Johns county I would recommend Kensington. Not a huge mega tract development and NO CDD fees. It is one of the VERY FEW, IMO, new construction communities with no CDD fees thats actually worth living in ... ie good builders; nice well kept homes; well kept common areas and some amenities......

We were considering it pretty seriously. Only reason we didn't was we chose a community that had a shorter commute for my wife.

Just my .02. Hope it helps.

RR

Old 03-09-2008, 01:27 PM

35 posts, read 93,554 times
Default We just moved to Durbin Crossing North...

and we LOVE it! We moved from SC and have been here a little over 2 months. There is still construction going on and the promising thing that we continue to see is that the homes are selling. I can't tell you how many homes have sold in the last month. We have met lots of great families and have already had some neighborhood get togethers. The fees are high - and I was very concerned about that - but so far I wouldn't change our decision for anything.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:19 PM

R1v3rRat, where do you shop if you live in Kensington? My concern about that area (and Palencia as well) is the lack of any shopping.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:46 AM

353 posts, read 1,148,585 times
Well..... there definately nothing in the immediate area thats for sure.... We ended up buying in Greenland Chase in Mandarin.... Duval county yes, but great locale, good builder and nice community with no fees....

Old 03-10-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1v3rRat View Post
.... We ended up buying in Greenland Chase in Mandarin.... Duval county yes, but great locale, good builder and nice community with no fees....
Yes, I have been impressed with Providence, a local builder who seems to be interested in building a quality home at an affordable price. Boy they had some GREAT deals on inventory homes for awhile.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:03 AM

53 posts, read 305,174 times
a great life,

There is a small capacity Publix, Chinese and pizza take-outs just 5-10 mins from Palencia with plans for a CVS very close by to open soon. Palencia has a Starbucks and a New York Pizza which recently opened. There is a large capacity Publix, Fresh Market and plenty of strip mall shops in Ponte Vedra, about a 20-30 minute drive away. Also, the 210 corridor offers shopping as well. If you are in the habit of daily shopping trips this may not be a good option for you.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,110 times
Default up-scale food lion and more retail

An Up-Scale Prototype Food Lion and additional retail is finally coming to Palencia!

[url=http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/stories/2008/04/21/story4.html?b=1208750400%5e1621562[/url]

Old 04-30-2008, 11:31 AM

53 posts, read 305,174 times
Yes, I am told it will be a Bloom... an upscale Food Lion. They are very nice and will be a great asset to Palencia and its surrounding communities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville