Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 01:50 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,248,544 times

Advertisements

New updated list of the best builders currently for the 2nd half of 2021. There's been lots of changes, and the labor shortage has only intensified, however, some builders are adapting better than others. As always, this list is NOT a ranking of best to worst, merely an alphabetical listing of one person's opinion (one person with over 40+ years construction experience) who has had direct experience at some point or another with almost every builder in NE Florida.

If anyone needs help with contact info for any of these builders, please don't hesitate to DM me. There are some changes to this list from the beginning of the year. Net result is better choices are opening up for homebuyers across all market segments from entry level homes to multi-million dollar mansions. The best are getting better, and the bad are getting worse. Always hire a private home inspector as an added layer of protection if you do not have construction experience yourself and cannot keep a close eye on the job.

Final note: A "realtor" is NOT a home inspector.

And, here we go...

Carlton Construction
Century Communities (new to Jacksonville)
Coastal Construction and Consulting
Cottage Home Company
DF Luxury Homes by Marcus Meide
Dostie Homes
Drees Homes
Factor Consulting
FaverGray (new residential division)
John Merrill Homes
KBM Builders
Kingsouth Construction
Legacy Builders
Mathieu Builders
OSSI Construction
Pulte/Del Webb Homes
TerraWise Homes
Trademark Homes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 10:24 AM

320 posts, read 362,445 times
Thanks for the update to your earlier 2021 list.

We started to seriously look at Silverleaf which we very much like, but not one builder there is on the recommended list.

Thanks as usual, you're input to the community is always appreciated.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:29 AM

6,426 posts, read 4,920,252 times
Ashley Homes looked really nice

Old 07-05-2021, 01:17 PM

320 posts, read 362,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Ashley Homes looked really nice
Agreed. Of all the models we looked at we thought Ashley Homes were some of the best.

Old 07-06-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
Thanks for the update to your earlier 2021 list.

We started to seriously look at Silverleaf which we very much like, but not one builder there is on the recommended list.

Thanks as usual, you're input to the community is always appreciated.
If you're dead set on Silverleaf, I would lean you towards David Weekley Homes or Riverside Homes out of the choices I see. Both of those builders I know for sure use woven, non-perforated housewrap products by DuPont that will give you superior protection over the cheap plastic leaky housewraps some of the others use, not to mention some of the bad zip taping jobs a lot of builders are getting these days.

I found a great video by someone who actually did their research on the Zip System that is great for first time homebuyers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yELE80sP-Yg

This is why I recommend a private inspector for any new homeowner!

Old 07-06-2021, 08:53 AM

25 posts, read 44,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
If you're dead set on Silverleaf, I would lean you towards David Weekley Homes or Riverside Homes out of the choices I see. Both of those builders I know for sure use woven, non-perforated housewrap products by DuPont that will give you superior protection over the cheap plastic leaky housewraps some of the others use, not to mention some of the bad zip taping jobs a lot of builders are getting these days.

I found a great video by someone who actually did their research on the Zip System that is great for first time homebuyers:

This is why I recommend a private inspector for any new homeowner!

Are you able to recommend any specific private inspectors?

Old 07-06-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familybeachlife View Post
Are you able to recommend any specific private inspectors?
https://biltriteqa.com/services/

Maybe others can chime in with companies they recommend as well? I'm sure there are others.

SS

Old 07-07-2021, 10:00 AM

24 posts, read 32,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
New updated list of the best builders currently for the 2nd half of 2021. There's been lots of changes, and the labor shortage has only intensified, however, some builders are adapting better than others. As always, this list is NOT a ranking of best to worst, merely an alphabetical listing of one person's opinion (one person with over 40+ years construction experience) who has had direct experience at some point or another with almost every builder in NE Florida.

If anyone needs help with contact info for any of these builders, please don't hesitate to DM me. There are some changes to this list from the beginning of the year. Net result is better choices are opening up for homebuyers across all market segments from entry level homes to multi-million dollar mansions. The best are getting better, and the bad are getting worse. Always hire a private home inspector as an added layer of protection if you do not have construction experience yourself and cannot keep a close eye on the job.

Final note: A "realtor" is NOT a home inspector.

And, here we go...

Carlton Construction
Cottage Home Company
Dostie Homes
Drees Homes
Factor Consulting
John Merrill Homes
KBM Builders
Kingsouth Construction
Legacy Builders
Mathieu Builders
OSSI Construction
Pulte/Del Webb Homes
TerraWise Homes
Trademark Homes
Thank you for the list!

I am not familiar with the construction/home building business. I often heard that Toll Brothers, DR Horton are reputable quality builders. Are there any reasons they have failed to go on your list?

Old 08-27-2021, 02:26 PM

Update to the original list. New builder is in bold. They build small, entry level production homes targeting the 1st time buyers market.

Carlton Construction
Century Complete (new to Jacksonville)
Cottage Home Company
Dostie Homes
Drees Homes
Factor Consulting
John Merrill Homes
KBM Builders
Kingsouth Construction
Legacy Builders
Mathieu Builders
OSSI Construction
Pulte/Del Webb Homes
TerraWise Homes
Trademark Homes

Old 10-21-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineSpruce View Post
Thank you for the list!

I am not familiar with the construction/home building business. I often heard that Toll Brothers, DR Horton are reputable quality builders. Are there any reasons they have failed to go on your list?
You have heard wrong. Very wrong. DR Horton belongs last on the list of the worst possible builder you could choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville