Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 02:30 PM

367 posts, read 695,683 times

Advertisements

After a whole week here, yes I actually have some observations on life in the south.

First of all, why in the world do people give directions by saying "North on Southside, West on Baymeadows", etc? Do you all not know your directions??? Right and left are good things.

Gas is cheap.

Nicotine is cheaper.

Women are drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool worthy. (Hey, just because I am on a diet doesn't mean I can't look at the menu.)

Y'all is a verb.

The Bargain Channel is a freaking riot but their commercial breaks are 15 minutes long.

"Air Conditioning" is a wonderful thing.

How many chains are there in Jax?

More later, I need a drink of air conditioning along with some Jack and Prozac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 02:33 PM

589 posts, read 1,635,943 times
The Bargain Channel 'office' is right next to a strip club and a local-type bar.

You crack me up. If you ever find an open-mic gig, let us know. I will bring the tomatoes...errrr.... heh

Old 08-11-2008, 02:45 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,813 times
[quote=radioclown;4818717]After a whole week here, yes I actually have some observations on life in the south.

quote]

I hope there are a lot of chains at the Jaguar football games and that we move them a lot!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 02:46 PM

[quote=JagFan27;4818939]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioclown View Post
After a whole week here, yes I actually have some observations on life in the south.

quote]

I hope there are a lot of chains at the Jaguar football games and that we move them a lot!!!
Pfft........They aren't that good.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:51 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,035 times
[quote=radioclown;4818963]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post

Blasphemy.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:26 PM

[quote=agreatlife;4820602]
Quote:

Blasphemy.
Nah, Garrard is a good QB but their offensive line is a bit suspect.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:05 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
First of all, why in the world do people give directions by saying "North on Southside, West on Baymeadows", etc? Do you all not know your directions??? Right and left are good things.
It's funny you mention the directions thing .

Getting/Giving directions here still leaves me a bit puzzled. I'm accustomed to directions based on a grid system, and we don't have a grid system here for the most part, fair enough.

But there is still a "North" side to a street, a "South" side, etc. I can't tell you how often I've called a business when I'm trying to locate a store and I'll ask the person who answers the phone:

"What side of the street are you on?"

(dead silence for a bit) "We're right near the Wendy's"

"Okay, are you on the same side of the road as the Wendy's? Are you to the East or the West of the Wendy's? Can you describe your location for me?"

What's wrong with "We're on the North West corner" So much easier......but I guess it's like counting change back, it's fallen out of fashion .

As for your question about East or West, Radioclown, here's my take on it:

At least on The Southside, we refer to areas being "Near The River" or "Out By The Beach", so we're always heading West (towards the river) or East (towards the beach) !

Old 08-11-2008, 06:32 PM

[quote=agreatlife;4820602]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27

Blasphemy.
Hold on one minute......that looked like I said "Pfft....They aren't that good."
I want it on record that JagFan27 did not say that. Got it?

Old 08-11-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:

It's preseason!!! 'Nuff said.
I hope those Jerry Porter and Reggie Williams get well, SOON.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: