Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightman_Cometh View Post

The Thrift Store (geared towards helping Vietnam Vets)
2624 Atlantic Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207
This is my favorite for clothing. We try to stop in whenever we come into town. It's big and chaotic, but I always come away with some great finds. My teenage son is on a Hawaiian shirt kick and last time I went, I found five like-new shirts, one a designer label, for $21.00. I haven't shopped for children's clothing, but they have racks and racks...

The Vietnam Vet organization that runs it picks up donations at your door, which is convenient. They mail postcards ahead of time letting you know when they will be in the area. You just leave the items out on the designated day and they are picked up.

If you go, check out the sign above the registers to see what tickets are on sale that day. And they have a senior day- forget which day- and I think the age for seniors is 55.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,573,455 times
Its across town from you and on the dreaded Westside but we like Thrift Town in the Cedar Hills Shopping Center at the corner of Blanding and Wilson ( SR 21 and SR 208) Everyday they have a tag color that gives you half off the marked price. They have lots of clothes for men, women and kids. ( I am assuming you are not freaked out by odd smells and having to pick through lots of ugly stuff)

Old 07-29-2015, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 785 times
Default The Sharing Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowarmfeet View Post
Lutheran Thrift Store on Philips Hgwy, we love to go there, neat very clean, also Blanding and Wilson in Shopping center, hope this was helpful, welcome to Jax
My girlfriend and I went there after seeing your post. Very neat, clean and under picked clothing. When we were in there, we heard something that was truly a blessing ( yes I'm a religious person).

A heavy set lady was sitting on one of the couches. She asked the manager, I think I heard his name is Jimmy. She asked that they can possibly donate a bed to her for free. He inquired about her situation a bit, and then arranged a delivery for the NEXT day, to get her a bed. I love Thrift stores, but when I heard the whole conversation, these people understand what they are doing.

When I was checking out, I had the opportunity to speak to Jimmy. He welcomed us and gave us the 25% discount (for Wed senior citizens). We told him what a great thing that they did, and he replied " that's what we do", try in our best efforts to help people in need. I was so impressed. They deal with refugees apparently and help them get started in life. I will always go back, even if out of the way. Think they are closed weekends though, but I will find the time somewhere.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:35 AM

77 posts, read 112,301 times
I've not been super impressed with the Goodwill stores here so far. I've hit a couple of thrift stores and they are so different that you'll have to check them out to see what suits you.

I wanted to also mention that there are LOTS of resale groups on Facebook here. They are all called "Swip Swap" and they cover every area in greater JAX.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 705 times
Address: Thrift Store at : 3851 Emerson St

Wonderful, I don't see the need to shop the mall or other clothing stores, don't say I won't, but I have found many items there that I see in regular stores, if you are 55 and older you get half off on many items, and here I have been turning my nose up all this time. I will be a regular customer from now on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: