Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 09:11 PM
I95 I95 started this thread

62 posts, read 283,326 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to locate two yorkies to add to my family. However, I would like to know what the typical pet restictions are for many of these developments since I'll most likely be moving into one.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 03:10 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
you will be fine
most have a 2 pet limit
our CC&R's state 2 but shhh I have 3 dogs and a bird
karla

Old 03-22-2007, 09:10 AM

Thanks.

Those pups are so small anyway... perhaps they could just count for 1

Old 03-27-2007, 09:02 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Every new/newer developer neighborhood that is deed-restricted (and nearly 100% of the new ones are) will have its' own particulars regarding pets.

If you have zeroed in on a neighborhood, ask to see the CCRs (covenants, codes and restrictions); this document will spell out the specifics for that specific neighborhood.

Typically, you'll find a limit on the total number of pets you can have, four is common, I believe; but in Karla's neighborhood it's only two. Obviously, if you have an indoor-only cat, bird, fish, no one is going to "count" them unless they somehow become a nuisance ("Hey! Can you shut that fish up?!").

If adding 2 yorkies brings your total dog count to 2, I wouldn't expect any issues to arise. If adding the yorkies brings your total dog count to 3, 4 or 5, things could be different.

In some more upscale developments, there may be weight limitations for each dog (not too common of a restriction, but it's out there).

Whether you're in a new development or an older neighborhood with no homeowners association, there are city animal ordinance laws to comply with as well. You can check the laws out on www.coj.net

The new neighborhoods may also be more vigilant in being sure you pick up the ****, don't let your dogs bark outside all day, etc. - it's the law anyway, but maybe because we tend to be more closely spaced in the newer developments, there seems to be less tolerance for breaking these laws (picking up the ****...it's a good thing!)

Good luck with your yorkies!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the post.

I'm still looking at communities. Right now I'm looking into areas in Julington Creek and Mandarin so I'll see if I can check out the restrictions as I locate the communities.

Regarding the Yorkies.... I found a breeder in that area that will have pups ready by the time we move.

Thanks again.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:17 PM

301 posts, read 1,062,295 times
The limit in Julington Creek Plantation is 4 pets. I live there and that was a question I had. it's in my "Rule Book" they gave us when we had our house built.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
The limit in Julington Creek Plantation is 4 pets. I live there and that was a question I had. it's in my "Rule Book" they gave us when we had our house built.
Fantastic! I'm looking at a few listings there. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:56 PM

301 posts, read 1,062,295 times
Julington Creek is a GREAT place to live and raise your family. I grew up here and now we are raising our family here.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:59 PM

18 posts, read 90,097 times
Default pet restrictions???

This is something Ive never heard of- I have 4 indoor cats, an indoor bird, an indoor lizard, an indoor hamster and 6 bunnies that live in 2 hutches. I WAS going to get an aviary for my 'lanai' (I still think thats a funny word being from NJ) to house my "potential" flock of new finches . Am I going to get kicked out of whatever neighborhood I decide to live in? I mean, sometimes I let my animals out in like these little playpen things I have. They dont free roam in the yard- but I was hoping to let the bunnies have a bit more freedom in the warm sunshine- and the cats....
Like I need something ELSE to worry about besides the Giant bugs and alligators!!!!

Old 03-31-2007, 03:29 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
"Like I need something ELSE to worry about besides the Giant bugs and alligators!!!!"

rofl nancy
you won't have a problem
this is the real problem to be wary of

tee hee you know I am just messing with you
you need to hurry up and get down here we are going to form a recently relocated club with I95 and you joining hereinfla and I
to show you the important things about Jax
the PIZZA lol

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville