Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:25 AM

4 posts, read 16,019 times

Advertisements

I need to buy a refrigerator, washer and dyer. What stores in the Jacksonville area (including St Augstine) should I shop in order to get a great deal? Are there any appliance outlets stores in the area? thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 10:14 AM

859 posts, read 3,618,843 times
My advise is to read consumer reports, review sites to find out what brand and model to shop for. Then you can try locate them locally and see who sells for less. Plenty of big box stores here, and a few local appliance stores that you see on TV. It's wiser to know what you're buying, than to buy what the sales person's pushing you.

There's a Sears Outlet store on 11111 San Jose Blvd Ste 45.
And there's that always funny infomercial dent n scratch appliance store, can't remember their location, far South of JAX I think.

Last edited by travelingfood; 07-31-2008 at 11:34 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 02:26 PM

725 posts, read 2,572,053 times
I like to go to Setzer's Appliances on Philip's Highway. Their prices are the same as the big stores and you get a lot more personal attention. It's carpeted and easy shopping, the guys that work there are great. They have lots of displays.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM

604 posts, read 4,622,424 times
I got my stuff at Appliance Direct in Palatka, it's quite a drive but they deliver.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,465,931 times
I love the Sears Outlet that Travelingfood mentioned. I bought a fridge there a few years back. It was a Kenmore Elite that was still retailing for $2000 and I got it for 1/2 the price because there was a dent the size of a quarter on the side...once I slid it into place, the dent was not visible because it was against the wall.

I haven't yet ventured to Appliance Direct, but I'm glad to hear you like them, Tacim, I'll definitely check them out next time I need to shop for an appliance.

There's also Little Buck's Appliance on the Westside (Edgewood Ave). I have never been, but they're a sponser/advertiser on the Bargain Channel (WJXR! ) and people call in with testimonials and seem to be really happy with Little Buck's. If you're going to buy something from them, call the Bargain Channel first and see if they have any coupons or deals going.

I'm also a big fan of Consumer Reports, I've got to know the reliability is good before I even consider a brand.

I know you didn't ask, but I'll offer my brand advice anyway :

It's hard to go wrong with Kenmore. I've had all their kitchen appliances and the reliability has been awesome. My current washer/dryer is a Kitchen Aid set that I've had for 7 years and they've worked flawlessly. I've even carried them around from house to house, hooking and unhooking them, and they haven't complained a bit .

Old 08-01-2008, 12:23 PM

870 posts, read 2,180,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
My advise is to read consumer reports, review sites to find out what brand and model to shop for. Then you can try locate them locally and see who sells for less. Plenty of big box stores here, and a few local appliance stores that you see on TV. It's wiser to know what you're buying, than to buy what the sales person's pushing you.

There's a Sears Outlet store on 11111 San Jose Blvd Ste 45.
And there's that always funny infomercial dent n scratch appliance store, can't remember their location, far South of JAX I think.
I have not purchased anything there, but my neighbor just got a stove there and is very happy with the price they got. The only down side is you are limited on your choices. I have gotten my stuff at Lowe's.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 PM

702 posts, read 2,186,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
I love the Sears Outlet that Travelingfood mentioned. I bought a fridge there a few years back. It was a Kenmore Elite that was still retailing for $2000 and I got it for 1/2 the price because there was a dent the size of a quarter on the side...once I slid it into place, the dent was not visible because it was against the wall.
I do too! I have also been to H.H Gregg over in Regency and they have a nice selection.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:27 PM

353 posts, read 1,149,549 times
I know the commercials are cheesy as hell... but I know a couple people who have gotten UNREAL deals at Appliance Direct down in Palatka. Friend bought a nice stainless steel refer that had a retail of over $2400 had a big scratch on one side (which can't be seen in his kitchen as the refer is recessed in, hiding the sides. He paid half the reatil price.

Another friend got a very nice dish washer at a great deal.... yea it's scratch and dent...but sometime you find those good deals.....

That said, I am about to buy a new refer for our new house and I'm getting it at Lowes... (never mind I got a $1000 gift card for Lowes I need to use...thats besides the point... )

Old 08-01-2008, 08:14 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,737,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia2008 View Post
I need to buy a refrigerator, washer and dyer. What stores in the Jacksonville area (including St Augstine) should I shop in order to get a great deal? Are there any appliance outlets stores in the area? thank you.
There is a Sears Parts Store on 17 in Orange Park, FL, as well as the Sears Outlet.

However, I just went with the Sears in the Mall since I was looking for specific features.

Another search engine is Compare prices for retail store sales at SalesCircular and www.shoplocal.com that shows what is on sale, locally.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:46 PM

53 posts, read 212,710 times
Setzer's Appliances on Philip's Highway - I agree. Just got a new fridge about 2 mo ago. They were able to beat the big box stores on price. They will deal with you on price!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville