Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:02 AM

55 posts, read 153,264 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on Lions Gate shopping center? I live by there and have noticed a definite increase in construction activity on the site. The cows have been gone for awhile now and the number of construction equipment has steadily increased over the last few weeks. It seems like they are ramping up but I don't want to get my hopes up if it is just some maintenance work being done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 10:53 AM

131 posts, read 622,140 times
I hope you are right, but they have removed the project from their website. I cannot imagine that is a good sign.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:28 PM

wow, yeah you are right, probably not a good sign that they took it off the website. At least the sign is still on the property, you'd think they would take that down if they removed it from their website.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:37 AM

Did anyone living in the WGV area notice the ramp up activity going on at the Lions Gate site? I've been looking for updates on it but can't find any. It could be nothing but this morning there was about 5 - 10 pickups and a bulldozer on the big dirt pile. Hopefully they are finally starting to build this out.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:46 PM

154 posts, read 646,228 times
Cancelled per the below article written in Feb 2010....

Projects on hold waiting for better market - Jacksonville Business Journal:

Old 05-05-2010, 05:00 AM

530 posts, read 1,352,871 times
You know its too bad, but it does make me feel better about buying in Nocatee, where our state of the art water park was recently completed despite the current economy. Hats off to the Parc Group and the Davis family for following through with their commitments to this area.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:15 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,740,396 times
The last thing that people in World Golf Village want is a megamall sitting right on their doorstep. At least the ones I talk to say they dodged a bullet with the cancellation of Lions Gate. I know it's only a matter of time though.

The WGV Resort lends a countrified atmosphere to the area and I would hate to see that change. Most people are fine with the Outlets and heading to Jax for the box stores. Who needs Lions Gate? It would definitely kill Sevilla as a desirable place to move into.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 AM

I actually saw that article too after I posted this. It really is too bad because the area needs the stores. They are definitely up to something on the mound of dirt though, there were 5 heavy equipment trucks out there this morning moving dirt around.

Nocatee is beautiful! We drove through there a few weeks ago for an event at Ponte Vedra High School. I think it's weird the kids who live in Nocatee don't go there though. It's definitely going to take awhile for that area to build up but it is very nice to see people actually follow through on their committments!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:31 AM

I don't think a megamall was planned. It was more of a smaller type outdoor mall with walking areas, restaurants and 2 -3 big box stores (Target and maybe best buy or home depot). I don't think it would have killed sevilla as most people who moved there knew this was coming. As a current resident I would love to be able to walk over there to get some food. Anyways, I just hope they do something with the mound. Personally, if it's not going to be the proposed mall, I would love a 9 hole reasonably priced golf course put there.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 AM

2,079 posts, read 6,121,774 times
For the most up to date information on any developments in NE FL, check out Metro Jacksonville | Covering Downtown Jacksonville FL, Northeast Florida, Jacksonville Transit, History, Neighborhoods, Photos. It is about the best site around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville