Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:02 AM

18 posts, read 77,235 times

Advertisements

Via the internet, I've been researching homes in the St Augustine area for the past week now. Traveling down there in July to tour the area and houses.

There seems to be a lot of homes that are still way over priced, thinking it's still 2005? Looking at the 800K+ and over homes, are these homes selling, or going for much less then what they are listed for? I just can't imagine too many buyers still paying that much in Flordia right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,280,641 times
Many just shoot for the stars and are willing to negotiate.

Here's a great tool: www.listingbook.com

It's an MLS type of service that's free, VERY useful, and has many tools for you to take advanatge of (home finder criteria search engine, email updates, etc).

Jacksonville (and St. Augustine I beleive) are one of the few cities that it's available in right now. You may have to choose which realtor to "sign up" with when you create a password, but that's just a technicality. They don't call you or anything and you're certaimnly under no obligation. I think it's just a way to get thier name out there.

Good luck

Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,503,839 times
PAboy, what websites are you using for your research? That will be a big factor in what you are seeing. There are a lot of websites that collect real estate listings, but they are not always up-to-date on the latest and greatest information. For homes listed on the MLS, going through a Real Estate Agent who's on the local MLS is the best way to find the information you're seeking. But, as fsu813 mentioned, ListingBook is a really great tool for doing your searches. It is tied directly to the MLS, and gets updated about every 30 minutes. As they said, you will have to go through a Realtor to get access, but you'll be glad you did. I give out ListingBook accounts to people who call me, all the time, and I hear great feedback on its usefulness. My wife gets on there all the time, too! haha!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:51 AM

18 posts, read 77,235 times
Thanks so much, I just got access and will do the research via ListingBook.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,508,201 times
this listingbook thing is great.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,635,679 times
I found my home on Anastasia Island by first deciding where we wanted to be then the sub division
then we called all for sale signs and went from there
I found a bank owned property and saved a fortune.
I must confess I have a realtors license but for the Sarasota Board where we live.
I found all listing agents I called co operative
Find a buyers agent who will work for you and not the seller i.e he/she does not list property
Good Luck

Old 07-11-2009, 10:01 PM

6 posts, read 10,641 times
Angry Seems way over-priced

I too am amazed at what houses are listing for. We are hoping to land in Fleming Island (Eagle Harbor) in a 3,500 sq ft home. First, the lots are TINY, we would like a pool and most likely need to install one as most of the houses don't have them. That leaves next to nothing for a yard. Coming from the north, we are used to having a finished basement. We can't find a house with the extra space for the Man-room/family entertainment room without pushing into the $600-700k dollar range. We have looked in Eagle Landing and have found some nice new homes a little cheaper, but the economy has stalled out the development there and it is full of empty lots. We are concerned about getting "stuck" with a house there if we have to move in the next few years as we don't want to compete with builders. The houses seem over-priced by a couple hundred thousand dollars for comparable houses with bigger lots in nice cities. We are trying to be positive as we have to move due to a forced job transfer, but is pretty discouraging with the high prices... It also amazes me that many of these houses have sat on the market for a year or more and they are holding these prices. Seems the area needs to adjust down into realistic price ranges, I'm afraid it will happen after we "settle" on something over-priced out of necessity.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:54 PM

109 posts, read 306,752 times
Your impression is correct--there are many areas that have yet to fully correct and remain overpriced.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:35 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
Listingbook is great for sellers too. I used it last year when selling a home and really liked it . Hopefully all the realtors are using it now.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,508,201 times
listingbook is damn good. I also get a kick out of some homes that have been on the market for 9 months without a price change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville