Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 12:13 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-VA-FL View Post
I was stating a fact with the whole gators thing. Its not an excuse. Many of us are not happy about it. But your whole "not being a football town" statement was bogus.

Ocean is overrated? thats fine, we dont need Moderator cut: comment mountain folk like you vacationing on our beaches.

The Fact remains, us fans (who are real fans) support our team even when they perform crappy like they did tonight agains Arizona. We'll play the titans soon enough, but do us all a favor and stay in TN when they come to play in Jax Stadium (near our beautiful beaches)

Ignorant mountain folks? Calling someone from Nasheville ignorant? Are you kidding? Hey look, I'm a FL native and I'll never shy away from being born here, but you wanna talk about ignorant folks - you should start in FL. Besides, people are leaving FL to be around these "ignorant mountain folks" in droves. I guess some would rather be around ignorant mountain people than "me-me-me" misfits who chose to move to FL and now turned FL into a tropical version of Newark. There is just as much - if not more - ignorant people in FL than TN buddy. Sorry.

(Sorry to anyone from FL that I offended, I'm a native too, but this person was asking for it by their comment).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 PM

432 posts, read 1,309,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
I noticed last Saturday when shopping everyone had on their college shirts for whatever team they are a fan of. On Sunday, didn't see too many JAX shirts or whatnot when shopping.
I've noticed that as well. I'll pick the kids up and see college tshirts all over the place, but not too many NFL shirts.......

I hope it picks up! I'd hate to see them go!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 AM

238 posts, read 782,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGuy9 View Post
Why would you spend $50 on a ticket when you're poor!?! Common sense people.

By "poor" I meant I'm a full-time grad student who doesn't have a bunch of money to blow... you should know about that CollegeGuy. My point was if you care about your team you can find a way to pay $50 bucks to go to the game (like skipping a night out at the bars)....common sense

Old 09-25-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
Ignorant mountain folks? Calling someone from Nasheville ignorant? Are you kidding? Hey look, I'm a FL native and I'll never shy away from being born here, but you wanna talk about ignorant folks - you should start in FL. Besides, people are leaving FL to be around these "ignorant mountain folks" in droves. I guess some would rather be around ignorant mountain people than "me-me-me" misfits who chose to move to FL and now turned FL into a tropical version of Newark. There is just as much - if not more - ignorant people in FL than TN buddy. Sorry.

(Sorry to anyone from FL that I offended, I'm a native too, but this person was asking for it by their comment).
Well man, you win. I was being sarcastic in most of my comments. I was mainly just defending our team (i mean this is the Jacksonville forums) So, I dont really feel out of line sticking up for the Jaguars in the jacksonville forum.

The moutain folk thing was a joke.I dont really care where people are from. As you can tell by my username, i have lived all over.

I have been visiting this forum for a few years now and I just get tired of people coming on here just to post negative things.

If its not the "nightlife in jacksonville sucks" or "its jst a giant small town full of rednecks..", then its "your games get blacked out because the jags suck and nobody cares about them"

Many of us really like it here (hence, why we live here), and many of us are actual fans who support the jags. We think it sucks the games are blacked out, and we are not happy about the jags playing like you know what.

Sooo... whatever. I just get tired of all the "haters"

Old 09-27-2009, 06:55 PM

to Trusses- for some reason I can't DM you or send you a rep comment so..
Anyways, thnx. I was def. over-reacting and saying stupid comments as well...

To the Jags Fans- Wooohoo! We looked good out there today against Houston. Its a big win for us. Hope we can keep it up. It was also nice to be able to watch the game on t.v.. obviously because it was an away game.

I'm def. going to try to go to the game against the Titans.. should be fun. Who knows, if play like we did today we just might get some more people to the stadium

Old 09-27-2009, 07:57 PM

204 posts, read 635,227 times
Quote:
By "poor" I meant I'm a full-time grad student who doesn't have a bunch of money to blow... you should know about that CollegeGuy. My point was if you care about your team you can find a way to pay $50 bucks to go to the game (like skipping a night out at the bars)....common sense
Maybe my first comment was out of line, but I reject the notion that in order to be a true fan you have to go to every home game, especially if money is tight.

Cost is a factor. For $20 I might go see my favorite team all the time. At $50 I might go see them once or twice a season. At $300 I would never go! I assume you also have a range similar to mine. If prices were to go up, would you no longer be considered a "true fan?" Of course not!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:43 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
The moutain folk thing was a joke.I dont really care where people are from. As you can tell by my username, i have lived all over.
Fresh off my CD suspension, It was dumb to come talk smack on CD forums. It was just rivalry smack. I didn't mean to offend and wasn't offended by you as I too have lived all over.

Quote:
To the Jags Fans- Wooohoo! We looked good out there today against Houston. Its a big win for us. Hope we can keep it up. It was also nice to be able to watch the game on t.v.. obviously because it was an away game.
You guys played impressive today. Congrats on the win. We, on the other hand, handed the game away again today.

No hard feelings.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:48 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGuy9 View Post
Maybe my first comment was out of line, but I reject the notion that in order to be a true fan you have to go to every home game, especially if money is tight.

Cost is a factor. For $20 I might go see my favorite team all the time. At $50 I might go see them once or twice a season. At $300 I would never go! I assume you also have a range similar to mine. If prices were to go up, would you no longer be considered a "true fan?" Of course not!
There are pairs of Titans/Jags tickets on ebay right now for $40, That's $20 a pop. StubHub has the cheapest tickets at the most expensive game (Colts) at being $60 a pop. That's only $120 for two seats. That's great for the Colts. Chances are, If your team is having home blackouts, You can get tickets dirt cheap.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:55 PM

432 posts, read 1,309,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
There are pairs of Titans/Jags tickets on ebay right now for $40, That's $20 a pop. StubHub has the cheapest tickets at the most expensive game (Colts) at being $60 a pop. That's only $120 for two seats. That's great for the Colts. Chances are, If your team is having home blackouts, You can get tickets dirt cheap.
We have Colts/Jags tickets and were willing to pay more for better seats....they are our favorite team (colts) and figure if we see them once a year it's worth it.

However I was glad to see them win this past weekend.....I have a feeling I'll cheer for them in most games....well except the Colts games!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 PM

129 posts, read 448,197 times
Wayne Weaver was just quoted in the Orlando Sentinel saying he is open to playing regular season games in Orlando to increase the Jags fan base within the next couple of years. Whats your opinion? It's not like the Jags are even coming close to selling out in Jax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville