Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2007, 10:39 AM
NKD NKD started this thread

10 posts, read 31,821 times

Advertisements

Hi! our move to Jacksonville is slowly becoming a reality. Thanks to posts from here, we have narrowed down our prospective rental homes and will have chosen a home in the next week. We are going to live in Avondale or San Marco, depending on home availability.

So - NEW question ... Both my husband and I work huge hours, like 6 am to 7 pm, 6-7 days a week, and take overnight call around 6-7 nights a month. I have finally decided that I need a cleaning service. I just can't use my few off hours cleaning the floors, etc. BUT I have never used a cleaning service. I worry that they will either not work very hard, I'll expect too much, or they will steal or beat the dog while we are not there.

I'm wondering if there are any reputable cleaning services available in the areas I named above. I'm looking for basic dusting, bathroom cleaning, kitchen counter cleaning, vacuum or mop and I think once a week would be enough.

Thanks in advance....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 08:08 AM

895 posts, read 4,247,796 times
I currently use Ambassador Cleaning Service (they're on the web if you google them with Jax). The owners are very nice and you get great, honest, reliable service. They're not cheap, but then no one here is (I also live at the beach so I have to pay some of their mileage out here because they're from W. Jax).

Old 05-17-2007, 03:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
nkd
does it have to be a service ?
The cleaning lady I use everyone in awhile does a great job. I would love to have her more often but it is only the 2 of us and I stay at home so can't justify having her come every week,
she regularly cleans my friends condo.
If you want I can PM you her info
karla

Old 07-13-2007, 09:15 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times
I've always been satisfied with Molly Maid.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,068 times
Karla, can you pleasee e-mail me the name and number of your cleaning lady? Actually, I really need someone to clean my house, since my baby was jst born 3 weeks ago and i am not in a condition to do basic cleaning. I would reallyyy appreciate if you can e-mail me the name and number at: [EMAIL="doctorqureshi@gmail.com"]doctorqureshi@gmail.com[/EMAIL]
thanxx :")

Old 09-08-2008, 03:15 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Hi doctorqureshi
congrats on the baby
this thread was from last year the lady I used has since retired

Maybe some the other folks here have someone they can recommend

Old 06-10-2009, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,639 times
Default Looking for housekeeper?

You just found her! I am looking to change what i do for a living
and would like to start cleaning homes etc. I have lots of exp.
I have raised two beautiful daughters and love to cook and
like to clean at least i know its done right.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 AM

725 posts, read 2,570,335 times
This is an old post but maybe somebody else is looking now.
(It would be nice if really old threads are locked and deleted so new information and fresh ideas are available; and old arguments can be like water under the bridge instead of engraved for all eternity.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville