Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 12:09 PM

6 posts, read 14,821 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Jacksonville soon and would like to know if anyone out there has had a house built by a smaller residential home builder (not a Lennar Homes or anything like that). Any recommendations for anyone we can use? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,276,703 times
SRG Homes: SRG Homes & Neighborhoods : Blog Archive : Track Your SRG Project’s Progress

Old 12-21-2009, 03:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
Are you looking for a "build on your lot" -type builder? Or, a local builder within their own subdivision? And, what's your price range?

Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Are you looking for a "build on your lot" -type builder? Or, a local builder within their own subdivision? And, what's your price range?
Thanks for responding. Although we don't have a lot yet, it could be either one. But if in a subdivision, we don't want to have restrictions and an HOA fee. The price range is approximately $200K.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:04 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,276,703 times
Here's another, ONH: :: Welcome to OPERATION NEW HOPE :: (http://www.operationnewhope.com/index.html - broken link)

The are a non-profit who builds builds very nice new houses and sells them to families based on thier income-level. They are generally between 150k and 200k.

All the info on thier website isn't update to date (if you check out thier homes for sale, for instance)

Moderator cut: No real estate sales info allowed.

Last edited by 2goldens; 12-23-2009 at 06:44 PM..

Old 12-30-2009, 01:26 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Exclamation Top Notch Builders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommom4 View Post
I will be moving to Jacksonville soon and would like to know if anyone out there has had a house built by a smaller residential home builder (not a Lennar Homes or anything like that). Any recommendations for anyone we can use? Thanks.
I work for or have worked in the past for almost all builders in Jax so I am well versed on most of their construction practices. Believe it or not, because of this being such a depressed market right now, even high end custom builders are building smaller affordable houses, and these guys usually pay much more attention to quality.

I can start you with a small list of very good builders, and if you run across any not listed, feel free to message me and I'll send you what I can. My short list would be any of the following:

1. JL Linder Group 904-217-0913 ask for Jerry (Highly reputable and high quality)
2. David Weekley Homes 904-824-7769 ask for Kevin (production builder but ultra high qaulity in this market)
3. Elite Custom Homes 904-349-2803 ask for Chris (specializes at the beaches - again, extremely high qaulity)
4. JW Custom Homes 904-697-6630 ask for Jason (higher end homes)
5. Carlton Construction 904-838-2382 ask for Matt
6. Plantation Housing Corp. 904-753-9101 ask for Vic (specializes in Nassau county and southern GA)
7. Artisan Homes 904-571-0621 ask for Wayne

A lot of builders are really cutting corners these days on quality, so even though this is an excellent time to build a house because of the cost, you have to be extra careful because they are watching their bottom lines closely and some will try to save a buck anywhere they can. I can assure you that the builders I've listed above all build high quality homes and will stand behind their work! Good luck and let me know if I can be of any more help.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
I work for or have worked in the past for almost all builders in Jax so I am well versed on most of their construction practices. Believe it or not, because of this being such a depressed market right now, even high end custom builders are building smaller affordable houses, and these guys usually pay much more attention to quality.

I can start you with a small list of very good builders, and if you run across any not listed, feel free to message me and I'll send you what I can. My short list would be any of the following:

1. JL Linder Group 904-217-0913 ask for Jerry (Highly reputable and high quality)
2. David Weekley Homes 904-824-7769 ask for Kevin (production builder but ultra high qaulity in this market)
3. Elite Custom Homes 904-349-2803 ask for Chris (specializes at the beaches - again, extremely high qaulity)
4. JW Custom Homes 904-697-6630 ask for Jason (higher end homes)
5. Carlton Construction 904-838-2382 ask for Matt
6. Plantation Housing Corp. 904-753-9101 ask for Vic (specializes in Nassau county and southern GA)
7. Artisan Homes 904-571-0621 ask for Wayne

A lot of builders are really cutting corners these days on quality, so even though this is an excellent time to build a house because of the cost, you have to be extra careful because they are watching their bottom lines closely and some will try to save a buck anywhere they can. I can assure you that the builders I've listed above all build high quality homes and will stand behind their work! Good luck and let me know if I can be of any more help.
Thanks for your reply. The list is great! We're going to Jax for the first time on Tuesday, staying until Saturday and running around with a real estate agent. First we have to find a temporary place to live (coming from SC), but I will certainly contact these builders. Thanks so much for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville