Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 11:28 AM

4 posts, read 4,027 times

Advertisements

Hello and Welcome
We moved down here in October 2015. As our main concentration is finding a home, we are still maintaining a slow but progressive learning curve regarding the diversity in communities. But what I can tell you is this, you will not find food that compares to Buffalo as far as Pizza, Wings, Beef on Weck, Sahlens Hot Dogs, Bison French Onion Chip Dip. I get my Battistoni Pepperoni directly from their website or Amazon and the same with Sponge Candy. There is no Wegmans!!! Not even close.
The good news is the shrimp are very good here. Grocery stores like Publix, Winn Dixie are very friendly and customer service oriented as far as bagging groceries and loading them in your car. I think it's that "southern hospitality charm" thing. You would never find that up North unless you asked and then it would be an hour waiting for someone to do it.
There is a Bills support sports group called the Buffalo Backers that meet in a bar in the Mandarin hood. You can go to get wings, beer and catch the games. The wings were not authentically Buffalo but close enough and not bad.
I heard smokers and pot boils are used a lot down here. I have not experienced them personally yet. Its definitely a different environment far from Buffalo. We are enjoying the experience and like living here so far but do miss the Buffalo food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 02:09 AM

2 posts, read 1,857 times
This will be my 4th year here. Meh, it's ok, I miss Buffalo from April - October. I miss the pizza, wings and subs especially. Water at the beach is dark and stinky so don't expect clear blue water. Drivers are a bit weird and the majority view the turn signal as optional. As opposed to NY, this is NOT a nanny state and government isn't looking for new laws everyday to complicate your life even more. Again, it's ok.... I'd prefer San Diego but can't afford it, so this will have to do. Miss Wegmans big time!

Old 03-07-2016, 07:09 AM

294 posts, read 341,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud_Puller View Post
Miss Wegmans big time!

Wegmans is the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville