Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2007, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 18,603 times

Advertisements

Hello all! Glad I found this site...I need to find a place in the next two weeks. I am moving from Miami and will be working at Jacksonville International airport. My budget is up to $1000/mo...I would prefer a home/townhome within 20 minutes to the airport. Found a nice new townhome in Kendall Pointe for $995...I am over apartment/condo living! Anybody have any info on this place/area? Or maybe another? I am open for suggestions! I am driving up next week to take a look around and get some ideas...Thank you so much!

Biggest factors in order:

1. Safety
2. Price
3. Location (driving distance)
4. Area amenities (I am 29 and single and want to be somewhat close to the action!)

Can't wait to hear the suggestions! Thanks again, Kristen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 10:45 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,448,792 times
Hi Kristen,

Great location - especially for your commute to JIA. You'll be right off of 9A (literally '"right off" - you could walk to it ), so from there I'd expect your commute to be no more than 20 mins to JIA.

You'll be just east of the Regency Mall and shopping area - lots of restaurants, big movie theater, everything you could need right there. There's actually a new SuperWalmart (nice one) inside of Kendall itself and more commercial development to come. Hop on 9A and head south 3 exits and you'll be at the Saint Johns Town Center in less than 10 minutes. Beach is 15-20 minutes from Kendall, downtown is 15...in short, very convenient spot.

Safety is pretty good - I have not heard of any issues at Kendall. It's a busy area with some apartments across the street (nice ones), no real issues, but you'll want to keep your guard up of course.

I also like Georgetown (by SEDA...still early in the building phase) at the Saint Johns Town Center - gorgeous townhomes!

Drayton Park on Touchton Road (just off Southside Blvd) has some nice townhomes too (these are resales), but these may be a bit further out for the commute you want.

Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 AM

49 posts, read 174,273 times
Southside/St. Johns Town Center is the center of the action if you do not want to mess with the beach.

Midtown might have some Townhomes, right off JTB, close to I95. Georgtown is also a new development in that area.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:38 PM

19 posts, read 79,291 times
I used to live at one of the apartments across from Kendall. I liked the area. Riveree is right everything you need is there. Of course I have since moved to the beach (I had a sublet 1 bedroom apt $675/mo) and that is the area I would pick by FAR. Again though your commute would be hell, Kendall would be perfect commute wise.

Now that I am buying a house it is bye bye beach, and I am back to near regency again lol

Old 06-20-2007, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 9,320 times
I live in S. Fl. and owna condo in Kendall Pointe. It is currently rented but you cannot beat the location. A quick jump on 9A and a short drive to Jax Int'l Airport. Kendall Pointe is new. My condo is a 2/2 and 1/2 and a steal at $950.00/month. It is brand new, and very, very nice. Location, location, location.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 9,272 times
i going to Miami dade community College, Kendall Campus. I will like to find a nice quiet apartmets closed to the college. can you help me.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalez2000 View Post
i going to Miami dade community College, Kendall Campus. I will like to find a nice quiet apartmets closed to the college. can you help me.
Gonzalez,

You posted on the Jacksonville forum. We're talking about a complex called Kendall in Jax. Sounds like you want to post on the Miami forum.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:04 AM

2 posts, read 18,603 times
Default Thanks!

Thank you EVERYONE for all the great responses and info! Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but I was on vacation! I ended up in the Kendall Town area and the place is great! I moved in a couple of days ago! This is a great site with great people that I will visit much more as I find my way around this great (and very large) city! Thanks again!

Old 07-04-2007, 01:36 PM

Congratulations Kris!

So glad you like Kendall Town - it's a progressive development and it fits in so well there, I hope we see more like it in the future .

Here's a link if anyone is interested:

http://www.lanternsquarecondos.com/pages/kendall.htm

Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM

70 posts, read 309,092 times
Default Kendall Pointe Townhome. Concidering a move from NY

Were looking for a 3-2 town-home in Kendall Point. As with most recent communities the prices are bellow what the original owners paid and some are leaving these communities. Has this caused a problem at Kendall Point. Is the HOA keeping up the community. Are there any problems I should be concerned with? My daughter will eventually be living here allown. Would love some input. I might even concider a short term rental to see if I like the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville