Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:13 AM

571 posts, read 1,303,586 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used a service where you pay to get job listings? It doesn't cost much ($10 a month or so) but I am hesitant to pay for it unless I know more about it.

The one I'm eyeing right now is called Creative Jobs Central. It seems legit, but I am wondering if anyone has tried it.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 07:25 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,668,993 times
Why would you pay for something that is free?

Go here instead Jobs, Employers, and Job Search Resources - Job-Hunt.org
It lists every single site there is all on one page. Quality employers are most familiar with and trust the big ones like Monster, Indeed and Career Builder.

Good luck !

Old 01-31-2009, 08:43 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1 View Post
Has anyone used a service where you pay to get job listings? It doesn't cost much ($10 a month or so) but I am hesitant to pay for it unless I know more about it.

The one I'm eyeing right now is called Creative Jobs Central. It seems legit, but I am wondering if anyone has tried it.

Thanks.
Don't pay. It is a scam.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,723 times
Creative Jobs Central is a SCAM! When you try to cancel, they continue charging your credit card. DO NOT USE THIS SITE. I have read about people who are not getting refunds. Fortunately, I got an email confirming the cancelation and was able to use this to dispute the charges. Not to mention the fact that 90% of the jobs are temporary or part time. Also useless unless you want to work or relocate to the West coast.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:06 AM

2,365 posts, read 11,128,843 times
My basic feeling is why pay for something for which is traditionally free!?!

I understand that people get desperate, and will try anything to get a job...but i h onestly feel that there are plenty of free ways to find jobs that are tried and true! Also, it is not a good idea to encourage people to charge you for something, when right now employers are being charged. If i am job hunting, the chances are highly likely that i am struggling to put bread on the table and don't have money to pay someone to find me a job!

good luck!

Old 02-15-2010, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 6,381 times
Default creative jobs central a craigslist scam?

Is it a coincidence that I responded to a job posting on Craigslist and within an hour of their response I started getting email from Creative Jobs Central? I am thinking . . . not a coincidence. Did this happen to anyone else? I have no interest in a Job Listing Service that requires a paid subscription for access. I would guess it is a scam, so I would stay away from it. There are plenty of other places to look for job listings.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:18 AM

4,796 posts, read 22,911,216 times
Yeah, Creative Jobs Central is a scam. There are quite a few job boards for creative fields, and anything CJC would show you is going to be listed on one of these other boards, for free. Don't pay. Not them or anyone else.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
There is a job listing service here locally too - not a website but they post MANY "job ads" in the local paper here every week and want you to pay $185 for a "listing". How is it that the only clerical, factory, warehouse type jobs on offer are through this particular "agency" ? Seems a little strange to me.

I blame the newspaper for accepting these bogus ads in the first place. It makes it look like there are "plenty' of jobs when there are hardly any here outside of healthcare and degree required professional positions, govt etc.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 5,383 times
This site is such a scam! They have crappy info, make it difficult to cancel, thereby continuing to charge your credit card even after you think you have cancelled. Then to top it off they charge you a "processing fee" of $20 for diputing their continual charges!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:01 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Yep. Scam. Something like that just popped up on another board I read. It was geared toward a certain profession. They wanted a dollar per listing, five-listing minimum. When I called the person out on it, she got very irate. She didn't even have a website or a proper business email--she was using a hotmail account for her "business."

So, watch out for these scams. They're becoming more common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search