Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
All I want is to be able to order food in English. No habla Espanol, no hambugesa y queso y papas fritas.

I need my Spanish translation book with me to order food at McDonald's, in the United States. Who would have ever thought that would happen?
I don't believe for one second that you can't go into a McDonalds and order from their menu in English.

Are you seriously claiming that if you say "I'd like a cheeseburger and french fries" you don't get your order? I smell bull****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Whats wrong with high schoolers and students looking for a part time job, that is after all what jobs like mcdonalds are for. Im sure there are people that applied to fulfill unemployment requirements but thats a hell of a gamble, if I did not want to work and wanted to stay on unemployment I would apply for jobs I knew I had little odds of getting becuase if I was offered the mcdonalds job I would have a hard time explaining why I turned it down.
Its pretty easy to not get a job when fillig out a application really.Its donwe all the time with unemployemnt calims.Not saying ths is the case here;but it not hard to make sure your not one of thsoe accepted when applying for any job.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:24 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Right. You don't live where i live. No Spanish, sure you can order a hamburger and fries, but try to request that without pickles or mustard. Forget it. Don't even try to request anything out of the norm, like an extra cup for water.

As for smell BS...live around here, you hear less English than Spanish. Just the way it is. I don't even think you could work there unless you are bi-lingual.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
You don't live where i live
Quote:
live around here
I live in Arizona, we have a few Spanish speakers out there too.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:18 PM

268 posts, read 391,828 times
I avoid eating there. Let’s face it, the food is sh*t.

The Harvard, Yale, Princeton are are running this country. Look what a fine job they are doing. We are on the precipice of a total collapse. By this time next year you may be seeing Harvard grads standing in line at a McDonalds job fair.

Last edited by handog; 05-14-2011 at 03:59 PM..

Old 05-14-2011, 05:15 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,973,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
I see we have divulged into cursing and acting like children. I have kids I deal with at home. I don't debate issues with kids on forums. Love how you take everything people say and use bits and pieces to fit your argument.

Grow up!
I love how you have opinions but can't explain why you believe in them. I like how I personally bring up an argument and you can't explain why you're against it other than making a blanket statement that "the economy will crumble". Frankly, I think you have the "I hate government/regulation" mentality and you apply it to every single situation, even though it may not have the best overall outcome. You realize the solutions to all our issues in the world aren't just black and white? When you can't articulate why you believe something, then how smart can you possibly be? I realize this is a public forum, but honestly, if you can't add insightful points to back up your case, how useful are your views to the rest of us? You should consider that before you selfishly inflict upon us your inarticulate, elementary views of the world.

I know the FDA isn't perfect, but where would we be without it? I know the CDC isn't perfect, but where would we be without it? I know the Department of Transportation's rules and regulations aren't perfect, but where would we be without them?

Get a brain, Scarecrow! Learn to critically think about a topic and add valuable insight to the discussion, then come debate me. I'll be waiting.

P.S. Divulged doesn't fit in this sentence: "I see we have divulged into cursing and acting like children." I think the phrase you're looking for is "resorted to". Sadly, I realize your intention was to sound smart and condescending with that comment, but let me tell ya, I've observed more intellect from my 12 year old cousin than I have from you so far.

Last edited by Z3N1TH 0N3; 05-14-2011 at 05:36 PM..

Old 05-14-2011, 06:39 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
I would sing outside my apartment building all day for money before applying to any job at McDonald's

Old 05-15-2011, 12:20 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
http://www.realestateabc.com/outlook/overall.htm

USA Median home price is approx 160k.
And, that does not help.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:30 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
I love how you have opinions but can't explain why you believe in them. I like how I personally bring up an argument and you can't explain why you're against it other than making a blanket statement that "the economy will crumble". Frankly, I think you have the "I hate government/regulation" mentality and you apply it to every single situation, even though it may not have the best overall outcome. You realize the solutions to all our issues in the world aren't just black and white? When you can't articulate why you believe something, then how smart can you possibly be? I realize this is a public forum, but honestly, if you can't add insightful points to back up your case, how useful are your views to the rest of us? You should consider that before you selfishly inflict upon us your inarticulate, elementary views of the world.

I know the FDA isn't perfect, but where would we be without it? I know the CDC isn't perfect, but where would we be without it? I know the Department of Transportation's rules and regulations aren't perfect, but where would we be without them?

Get a brain, Scarecrow! Learn to critically think about a topic and add valuable insight to the discussion, then come debate me. I'll be waiting.

P.S. Divulged doesn't fit in this sentence: "I see we have divulged into cursing and acting like children." I think the phrase you're looking for is "resorted to". Sadly, I realize your intention was to sound smart and condescending with that comment, but let me tell ya, I've observed more intellect from my 12 year old cousin than I have from you so far.
The reason for thoes types arguments that little elvis makes is because he wants the security blanket of the USA with law and order and other protections but totally unregulated buisness laws so that he can exploit the crap out of thoes younger or with lesser, he can maintain police enforcement and stable rich gated communities (may be a slight exageration but hey im on a soap box lol) and drive wages down as low as they can go so he can add a deck to his house while others struggle to fill out sect 8a paper work or have 3 roomates and cant get privacy with their wife or GF.

Not saying having a nice house or money is wrong but when you do it through exploitation thats a bad deal. I believe that not everyone should be compensated equally but the lower skill sets should at least be able to maintain some minimum FIRST WORLD standard of living and if you are a doctor, lawyer or engineer then you get the bently or whatever. As it stands now I work as a professional engineer and can barely get flight lessons and have to trade penny stocks to raise money for a plane, I mean I am glad I have my basics met for FIRST WORLD minimum standard of living but I figured engineering degrees would have a little better buying power. So by encouraging the improvement of others wages I also increase my own becasue if minimum wage is 20$/hr then im sure as heck not going to work for 40 as a degreed and licenced engineer lol.

The only people that would support the system the way it is major share holders or major buisness owners who grossly benifit from the exploitation.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:30 AM

623 posts, read 1,602,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post

Get a brain, Scarecrow! Learn to critically think about a topic and add valu
able insight to the discussion, then come debate me. I'll be waiting.

You have not responded to any of the points I have made. You skip over them and instead start cursing at me like a child. I don't claim to have all the answers as you do. If its so easy and your so right why isn't it done?
I have even said I agree that what you and highlife have said might work if the country were to agree to a long and difficult recovery. That's not going to happen which makes your ideas impractical.

You and highlife can continue this thread since neither of you want to have an openminded discussion with anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search