Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:40 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Is. His new thread indicates that his feathers have already been severely ruffled in the new job and he's thinking of quitting and going back on unemployment. I guess the issue of that subway ride twice a month will soon be moot.
Too bad that if he quits, he can't go back on unemployment. The world does not revolve around TV$SG's motives and desires I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,481,394 times
Wow, 25 pages. The fact that this thread is still going is beyond funny.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookmeister View Post
Oh, boy! Does taigagirl know Chateress is lurking about somewhere? I'd hate to see her mauled with her own claws!

TVSG, you missed your calling in this life! Shoulda been a clown, or comedian, man!

Chatteress is my good friend.I have a younger brother who reminds me of TVSG in many ways...(sports fanatic, foot fetish, loves Doritoes, has taken women to a mall courtyard for a "date"; and finally got married at 40. Still relies on my aging parents for transportation, due to commuting issues, always trying to figure out what's going on in his office, etc. There are also many other similarities which I have mentioned in past posts. I love reading some of TV's posts. Brings back memories for me. Ah nostalgia.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Chatteress is my good friend.I have a younger brother who reminds me of TVSG in many ways...(sports fanatic, foot fetish, loves Doritoes, has taken women to a mall courtyard for a "date"; and finally got married at 40. Still relies on my aging parents for transportation, due to commuting issues, always trying to figure out what's going on in his office, etc. There are also many other similarities which I have mentioned in past posts. I love reading some of TV's posts. Brings back memories for me. Ah nostalgia.
Ah, that is just so nice.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:02 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Ah, that is just so nice.
Well you've heard about my younger brother, so that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:03 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Exactly ...Me and Taigagirl are good CD buddies ... There won't be any cat fights between us. I also get a kick outta TVSG's "adventures" but he isn't my type.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:07 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I know I'm just saying it's going to take me a couple of weeks to get used to it because I been working so close to home for a long time.

And if you wake up at 5:30am how do you get out of the house by 6:10am?-lol Something about that doesn't sound right to me.
Why not? Some people are quick, in fact I was thinking she takes a long time - LOL. I can literally hop out of bed at 10am, and be out the door by 10:20 (my needed departure time to be there by 11)... I shower at night and don't do makeup, so my morning routine consists of tooth-brushing, dressing, feeding the cats, taking the dog for a quick potty, grabbing a Nutri-grain bar & my purse, and heading out the door. I'm even less of a morning person than you, so I've gotten this down to a science over the years.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Metrolink (AKA Metro-stink) only caters to those commuting FROM the suburbs into the city of LA ... I'm a reverse commuter and thus, have limited trains that services my particular commute. I honestly do not know how they expect us to get to work as their schedules make NO sense. Not only is there only TWO morning trains, there is only ONE evening train (direct that is) that could get me back at home. If I miss it, I have to do this complex transfer thing which adds 1-1.5 hour to my commute. *sigh* So. Cal isn't Philly when it comes to mass transit especially in the particular suburb that I work in...
The grass is always greener, because I'm thinking you guys should be happy to HAVE a public transit option! LA and Philly are heaven compared to the Bay Area, when it comes to public transit... I commute from San Jose to a town about 40mi south, and there is literally no option but driving. I looked into it, and the only train between here & there goes the opposite direction - north in the early morning, and south around 5:30pm. So not only is it going the wrong way, but it wouldn't even work with my typical hours of 11am-8pm.

But despite the commute I'm grateful to have a job, particularly one that I actually enjoy doing every day. I also made the choice to live here, instead of moving all the way down there, so I knew the sacrifice would be a long drive. Anyway, we should ALL be grateful to be employed!

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-26-2011 at 02:21 AM..

Old 09-26-2011, 07:30 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
The grass is always greener, because I'm thinking you guys should be happy to HAVE a public transit option! LA and Philly are heaven compared to the Bay Area, when it comes to public transit... I commute from San Jose to a town about 40mi south, and there is literally no option but driving. I looked into it, and the only train between here & there goes the opposite direction - north in the early morning, and south around 5:30pm. So not only is it going the wrong way, but it wouldn't even work with my typical hours of 11am-8pm.

But despite the commute I'm grateful to have a job, particularly one that I actually enjoy doing every day. I also made the choice to live here, instead of moving all the way down there, so I knew the sacrifice would be a long drive. Anyway, we should ALL be grateful to be employed!
WOW! I honestly did not expect the Bay Area to have any sections not well-served by public transit. Well ... I am grateful that I make it work especially considering the fact that I do not drive at all.

BTW: Congrats on your new job! I'm happy that you were able to gain a librarian position in this economy as that's what you enjoy doing

Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
WOW! I honestly did not expect the Bay Area to have any sections not well-served by public transit. Well ... I am grateful that I make it work especially considering the fact that I do not drive at all.
You'd think we would have good transit, huh? But no, it sucks big time!! If you live in San Francisco, Muni (bus) and BART will get you everywhere, but it could literally take 45 minutes to travel 5 miles... and outside of SF & SJ, the only options are CalTrain and a few pathetic bus lines. They were talking about expanding BART, adding high-speed rail, etc, but all of that was scrapped post-9/11 (budget cuts).

Quote:
BTW: Congrats on your new job! I'm happy that you were able to gain a librarian position in this economy as that's what you enjoy doing
Thanks!! Not only is it what I enjoy doing, but it's also what I spent years and $$$ studying in grad school. So I would have hated to settle for anything else, ya know? It's going great, btw - passed my probation with flying colors, and just found out I'm getting an extra 8 hours/week. My boss is also fighting (with the county) to get me at FULL time, which is precisely why it's good to accept even part-time work... if you show them you're "valuable," it can possibly turn into something more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search