Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 AM

1,626 posts, read 3,897,080 times

Advertisements

How long do application stay "on review" for. I have some with one place that slowly have their status progress to being "under review" like every 2nd monthI have a new city under review. Sometime they put me under review for some cities that I withdraw my application from so I withdraw from those cities again.

But I have been "under review" for ages and get these status updates all the time for new cities. I think I have 7 jobs under review.

They called right away had a brief interview when I applied in July, we discussed salary and relocation etc but Im still waiting. Is this normal these days?

Is finding a job a giant waiting game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
First, there is no standard and its all up to that company as to how long and what it means...

Now, are you talking about you applied for a position with a company that has multiple locations where that position may be available? If so, it depends on how that company structure their process. Some simple places contact info in some big database and when a position comes up, your under reveiew. Does not mean they are actually considering you and they may have had qualified people in that immediate area they are considering, but the system spits out the under reveiw message to you. Others will make all applications available tot he people who dot he hiring in that area and each time someone pulls your applications, its under reveiw. Again does not mean they are interested in you or that there is even a job.

So best answer is, nobody really knows unless they are with that company as to what the process is and what it all means.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:52 AM

I think they manually switch us to under review, initially I was rejected about 2 weeks later after applying. I re-did my cover letter and now am under review. They also put my withdrawn applications to being "under review" after some time. I think the recruiter thinks that I might be interested n that position so they put me under review when I don't want to be

Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
So best answer is, nobody really knows unless they are with that company as to what the process is and what it all means.
Thats what I think but I am just curious to ask the question.

They called me and discussed salary and relocation right away when I applied. I have not received any rejection letter. They are expanding 5 new sites so I wonder if the are jostling staff

I wonder if they have put me under review in case something comes up, like Im in the que

Last edited by Swan Dive; 02-01-2012 at 01:14 PM..

Old 02-02-2012, 05:47 PM

bump

Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
I think the recruiter thinks that I might be interested n that position so they put me under review when I don't want to be
If you applied for a particular position in which you are no longer interested then ask that that application be removed. As said, there is no "one size fits all" answer to your question. A business may keep applications on file until the newly hired employee has proven to be a stayer; for a designated period of time; or forever in a file until it occurs to someone to clean house. As has been pointed out, different companies have different methods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search