Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 06:34 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,514,709 times

Advertisements

Wow, an incredibly inspirational story.

Followed by an excuse. But but but.

Parried, what did you do all day 2 days ago? What did you do yesterday? What are your plans for today?

I suspect the answers are nothing, nothing and I have none besides giving excuses, and "buts" on CD.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:08 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,514,709 times
I was just reading an interesting link about resumes that someone posted in another thread. It occurs to me parried, that based entirely on our conversations with you, that your resume probably points out all the things you can't do, instead of all the things you can. That's exactly what you do here, and we all believe that how you are acting here is how you act in person, seeing no evidence to the contrary.

if you’re not getting interviews, read this

I was reading one of the links contained in this post.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,136,350 times
The sluggish employment is corporate Americas and Management's fault. It should be irrelevant what a person plans to do in the future when other opportunities come up. A person willing to work should be hired immediately. No bs test, long interviews, 2nd interviews ect. The job market is clogged up because of these recent practices. If an employer believes they can get at least 3-4 months out of someone before he/she may move on then they should be brought in. Frankly resumes and applications should be done away with too. Just walk into the restaurant and store say you are willing to work and learn if experience a little soft. It is not Rocket Science. Give these people jobs!!!!!

Old 10-12-2013, 09:20 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The sluggish employment is corporate Americas and Management's fault. It should be irrelevant what a person plans to do in the future when other opportunities come up. A person willing to work should be hired immediately. No bs test, long interviews, 2nd interviews ect. The job market is clogged up because of these recent practices. If an employer believes they can get at least 3-4 months out of someone before he/she may move on then they should be brought in. Frankly resumes and applications should be done away with too. Just walk into the restaurant and store say you are willing to work and learn if experience a little soft. It is not Rocket Science. Give these people jobs!!!!!
So much fail in one post.

Have you ever encountered rude employees? Dealt with incompetence? Been frustrated at how slow a line moves? Found a mistake on your bank account or utility bill?

These issues happen because of poor employees with inadequate training. Your proposal will only make things worse. Putting any old person into place with no thought for competence or ability will cause problems like this everywhere.

Your ill thought out proposal will also not help at all. As an example I recently filled a junior manager position. I reviewed resumes and conducted fairly extensive interviews with a number of people. At one end was a person who could not tell me anything about how to deal with conflict from a supervisory standpoint and cried when I asked followup questions. At the other end was a woman who was calm, answered questions completely, was able to come up with creative solutions to difficult problems, etc.

They were both willing to work. Who would you have hired? Remember, I only found out about these people because of interviews.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:29 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
I'm on a totally different level then you though. All I have is a GED diploma, at least for now.
All I had was a high school diploma, but I had a wife and 2 kids, no option to just make excuses and quit. I refused to take it can't be done as a reason, and refused to quit hustling.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:18 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,069,367 times
Quote:
Come with me job hunting for a day and then tell me if I'm "trolling" or not. Step into my shoes and say that. Or better yet, talk to me face to face and meet me or my family and then see if I am "trolling". This is real life. Tell the millions of people like me all over america that can't find work, that they are "trolling".
OK
Lets go.
There are three help wanted signs within a two blocks of me. PM me back and I will give you the locations.
or

Next Saturday at 5:30 AM in front of home depot. Grab some work gloves.
You are on.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:23 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,069,367 times
Quote:
A person willing to work should be hired immediately. No bs test, long interviews, 2nd interviews ect. The job market is clogged up because of these recent practices. If an employer believes they can get at least 3-4 months out of someone before he/she may move on then they should be brought in. Frankly resumes and applications should be done away with too. Just walk into the restaurant and store say you are willing to work and learn if experience a little soft. It is not Rocket Science. Give these people jobs!!!!!
Cool, I want to be a bank CEO.
Bubba with multiple drug and rape convictions wants to be a police man.
On second thought I want to be a train conductor, I bet I can make the L lines go LOTs faster.
That nice man with the red van wants to babysit your two year old girl.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:55 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
Quote:
That would actually solve most of our problems, but the sociopaths won't allow it to happen.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:48 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,040,216 times
Quote:
That would actually solve most of our problems, but the sociopaths won't allow it to happen.

No, it would solve only your problem. It would cause me many problems.

Overall I doubt that it would help the economy at all.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:45 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,885,583 times
Quote:
It's not anyone's job to provide you with a meaningful career. That responsibility falls squarely on your shoulders. What have you done today to move yourself closer to that goal?

All you have been doing is justifying your draining of welfare dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search