Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 07:24 PM

6 posts, read 71,348 times

Advertisements

I interviewed with a company recently and today I received a voicemail from a recruiter where she mentioned that she had a chance to discuss my interview with the hiring manager and asked me to call her tomorrow morning. I feel it could be a rejection call because she mentioned she was stepping into another meeting and then she was out for the day (which meant that she probably expected it to be a quick call). If it was an offer, she would've mentioned it, wouldn't she? Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 07:25 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Um, call her as requested? None of us know what she wants to tell you.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM

I did. Left her a voicemail. It's just a waiting game now. Sigh. I can't seem to find a hint of positive sign in that voicemail though.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Centaur View Post
I interviewed with a company recently and today I received a voicemail from a recruiter where she mentioned that she had a chance to discuss my interview with the hiring manager and asked me to call her tomorrow morning. I feel it could be a rejection call because she mentioned she was stepping into another meeting and then she was out for the day (which meant that she probably expected it to be a quick call). If it was an offer, she would've mentioned it, wouldn't she? Any thoughts?

Well did you ever think that she wanted you to call tomorrow morning instead of today, because by what you said she couldn't talk at length today, but wants to do so in the morning to discuss an offer.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,117,016 times
In all my job hunts, recruiters never bothered with rejection calls. It would just be dead silence, if they weren't interested.

When recruiters did call, it was to move forward to the next step in the hiring process.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:53 PM

Yeah, I thought of that. What I don't understand is why she didn't wait to call me tomorrow instead of making a hurried call right before her meeting today. Has anyone else had a similar experience? All that I'm reading online is only about rejection phone calls where they just leave a message asking you to call back and when you do...boom.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Centaur View Post
Yeah, I thought of that. What I don't understand is why she didn't wait to call me tomorrow instead of making a hurried call right before her meeting today. Has anyone else had a similar experience? All that I'm reading online is only about rejection phone calls where they just leave a message asking you to call back and when you do...boom.
Nobody here knows what she's going to say.

Only SHE knows what she's going to say.

The only way for you to find out what she's going to say is to return her call tomorrow. So try to take your mind off it for now, because there's nothing you can do about it until then.

I know what you're going through, believe me. A few weeks ago I had a kick-ass interview on a Thursday...radio silence on Friday...had to wait until Monday to hear back, and it was positive news. So...try to be patient, hope for the best, and if it's a rejection...keep looking. Don't let it drag you down. I got turned down a few times in the last six weeks too. It sucks, but you have to keep at it.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,576,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
In all my job hunts, recruiters never bothered with rejection calls. It would just be dead silence, if they weren't interested.

When recruiters did call, it was to move forward to the next step in the hiring process.
Same here

Old 08-07-2014, 10:59 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Have you already interviewed with the hiring manager? If not, she may be calling to set up an appointment for that.

Do you work? She may have called knowing she was probably going to get voicemail but wanting to make sure you make time to call tomorrow.

Not a rejection - nobody would call for that. Either they have a question they want answered before they move you to the next round, or they want to make you an offer, or they want you to come in for another round of interviews.

Good luck to you - hope you have a positive answer soon.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:50 PM

I have finished all my interviews. I am just skeptical because if it was an offer, she would have emailed me the offer letter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search