Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 01:13 PM

444 posts, read 820,035 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm leaving the headline up for interpretation. I'm not sure if I'm annoying her, but she is definitely annoying me. But, I'm really not sure how to proceed and would appreciate suggestions .

Here is the background story: Company X is one of the nations top 10 defense contractors with a position paying good money and in my city.

In a one week period, she post position A, which I match 75% of the bullet qualifications and have one less year of experience. So I apply, she emails me a screening questionnaire, that I fill out and send back to her. She says I am a good fit and she wants to set up an interview. At the end of the week, she asks when I am available, I respond that I am flexible and whatever works best for her team...

The next week, she post position B. Which is very much like position A, except the minimum experience required is 2 years less and all the same bullets except the one thing I'm missing from posting A. Position A is taken down. She emails the new screening questionnaire, I fill it out and send it back to her. She doesn't get back to me. About a week later, I email her to ask/followup about position A & B. Then position B goes down.

Later that day, position C goes up. Position C is a bit different that A and B, the year of experience is the same as B, but the bullets are slightly different. Again, I match everything. So, I apply again. She emails me new questionnaire that I fill out and send back to her. She calls me and asks to set up an interview the next day. Unfortunately, I had another interview setup and couldn't make it that day. So I asked if I could reschedule, she said yes but she needed to talk to the hiring manager. Position C stayed up, and D & E (which are similar) also went up.

She didn't respond for one week, so I emailed her to follow up. She asked if her salary range was OK. I said yes. Then another week passed by, she still hasn't responded to me.

I would like this job. I'm just not sure what is going on and it's getting annoying. Do you have suggestions on how to proceed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 01:17 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
You are one of her probably 500 clients that she is calling and annoying every day or so. You are part of the cog and not all that important to her unfortunately.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
You are one of her probably 500 clients that she is calling and annoying every day or so. You are part of the cog and not all that important to her unfortunately.
I would be inclined to agree with that, but I would think she would want to fill her positions. I don't get how we go from wanting to set up an interview to dead silence. I would also think the hiring manager would want to move forward with obtaining his help. Right?

405 posts, read 572,908 times
Is this a third party recruiter? She could be posting fake jobs as most do unfortunately.

360 posts, read 665,316 times
Is this the company's HR department? Or are you dealing with a temp/contract service? If it's a service, I strongly suggest you seek out the actual company. Being a direct hire is MUCH better than being a contracted employee. If this is the case, I would go to any interview she may schedule you for, but still apply to the company directly. If you are dealing directly with the company, maybe you can send her a polite email stating that you understand that she is very busy and ask if there is someone else in the department that can set up an interview/call/whatever for you on her behalf.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2thecity View Post
Is this the company's HR department? Or are you dealing with a temp/contract service? If it's a service, I strongly suggest you seek out the actual company. Being a direct hire is MUCH better than being a contracted employee. If this is the case, I would go to any interview she may schedule you for, but still apply to the company directly. If you are dealing directly with the company, maybe you can send her a polite email stating that you understand that she is very busy and ask if there is someone else in the department that can set up an interview/call/whatever for you on her behalf.
This is the company's recruiter.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:16 PM

360 posts, read 665,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candycanechick View Post
This is the company's recruiter.
Really? Wow. Well, she's obviously not very efficient or organized. Recruiters have no manners these days either. Few of them follow up and most of them have very large workloads. Like I said, politely ask her if there is someone else that can work with you on her behalf.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by key2thecity View Post
Really? Wow. Well, she's obviously not very efficient or organized. Recruiters have no manners these days either. Few of them follow up and most of them have very large workloads. Like I said, politely ask her if there is someone else that can work with you on her behalf.
I think I'm going to do that.

I am just concern because I wonder if:

A.) She found someone better that is being fickle
B.) She's holding out for someone better, or at lest a few more good options
C.) They have someone particular in mind, but have to consider everyone that is qualified ( but I think companies find it relatively easy to rule ppl out these days) right???
D.) They just don't liked me for some reason, but I match all the qualifications

Granted, I'm assuming bad things and not that she's overwhelmed. Competing companies have been much more attentive, so I find it odd that this company would be working a recruiter so hard. But, some people bit off more than they can chew?

If they had someone in mind, would they just hire that person and close the req?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:25 PM

587 posts, read 915,268 times
She sounds ineffective. I would vent here, but continue to play it cool and professional with her. If she is so overwhelmed, your continued inquiries may help her ease her workload and get you a job.

It sounds to me like there may be something going on with the hiring manager and lack of clarity around the position itself.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:28 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candycanechick View Post
I would be inclined to agree with that, but I would think she would want to fill her positions. I don't get how we go from wanting to set up an interview to dead silence. I would also think the hiring manager would want to move forward with obtaining his help. Right?
how do you know the company hasn't filled the position? OP isn't the only one applying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search